SAMSUNG CD-R/RW SW-252S has gone missing

I recently got a digital camera and started to install it. I installed the
drivers and programs off the CD before plugging in the camera, as this was
the way I was instructed to do in the manual. When I then restarted the
computer with the camera plugged in I could not find my SAMSUNG CD-R/RW in my
computer only the removable storage of the camera. I then tried disconnecting
the camera but still couldn’t find the drive. I then uninstalled all the
software and drivers for the camera which I just installed and this still
made no difference. When I checked the Device manager I found an error
message that read
“Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot
find the hardware device. (Code 41)�
When I tried inserting a disc I could hear the CD running in the drive but
nothing happened on screen. When I tried opening the corresponding program it
asked me to insert the CD.
I urgently need to use this drive and feel I have tried everything I need
help and fast. Please!!
6 answers Last reply
More about samsung 252s missing

    Try this fix in #8 from this site. Let us know if it works.
    http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.htm

    Newtechie

    "cos" <cos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I recently got a digital camera and started to install it. I installed the
    > drivers and programs off the CD before plugging in the camera, as this was
    > the way I was instructed to do in the manual. When I then restarted the
    > computer with the camera plugged in I could not find my SAMSUNG CD-R/RW in
    > my
    > computer only the removable storage of the camera. I then tried
    > disconnecting
    > the camera but still couldn't find the drive. I then uninstalled all the
    > software and drivers for the camera which I just installed and this still
    > made no difference. When I checked the Device manager I found an error
    > message that read
    > "Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but
    > cannot
    > find the hardware device. (Code 41)"
    > When I tried inserting a disc I could hear the CD running in the drive but
    > nothing happened on screen. When I tried opening the corresponding program
    > it
    > asked me to insert the CD.
    > I urgently need to use this drive and feel I have tried everything I need
    > help and fast. Please!!

    yes this has helped i have found the cd drive but a new error message pops up
    everytime i enter the cd or program that uses a cd that says
    "The driver 'CDR4_XP.SYS' on your system is old. please re-install DirectCD
    to update this driver"
    I dont which cd that is. is there a download for this or will my next
    automatic update fix the problem.

    "Newtechie" wrote:

    > Try this fix in #8 from this site. Let us know if it works.
    > http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.htm
    >
    > Newtechie
    >
    > "cos" <cos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I recently got a digital camera and started to install it. I installed the
    > > drivers and programs off the CD before plugging in the camera, as this was
    > > the way I was instructed to do in the manual. When I then restarted the
    > > computer with the camera plugged in I could not find my SAMSUNG CD-R/RW in
    > > my
    > > computer only the removable storage of the camera. I then tried
    > > disconnecting
    > > the camera but still couldn't find the drive. I then uninstalled all the
    > > software and drivers for the camera which I just installed and this still
    > > made no difference. When I checked the Device manager I found an error
    > > message that read
    > > "Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but
    > > cannot
    > > find the hardware device. (Code 41)"
    > > When I tried inserting a disc I could hear the CD running in the drive but
    > > nothing happened on screen. When I tried opening the corresponding program
    > > it
    > > asked me to insert the CD.
    > > I urgently need to use this drive and feel I have tried everything I need
    > > help and fast. Please!!

    Thanks that has helped but now every time I use this drive a error message
    appears saying
    “The driver ‘CD4_XP.SYS’ on your system is old. Please re-install DirectCD
    to update this driver�
    The trouble is I don’t know what this means. What CD is it talking about? Or
    is there an internet download that sorts out this problem or will my next
    automatic update sort this out?

    "Newtechie" wrote:

    > Try this fix in #8 from this site. Let us know if it works.
    > http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.htm
    >
    > Newtechie
    >
    > "cos" <cos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I recently got a digital camera and started to install it. I installed the
    > > drivers and programs off the CD before plugging in the camera, as this was
    > > the way I was instructed to do in the manual. When I then restarted the
    > > computer with the camera plugged in I could not find my SAMSUNG CD-R/RW in
    > > my
    > > computer only the removable storage of the camera. I then tried
    > > disconnecting
    > > the camera but still couldn't find the drive. I then uninstalled all the
    > > software and drivers for the camera which I just installed and this still
    > > made no difference. When I checked the Device manager I found an error
    > > message that read
    > > "Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but
    > > cannot
    > > find the hardware device. (Code 41)"
    > > When I tried inserting a disc I could hear the CD running in the drive but
    > > nothing happened on screen. When I tried opening the corresponding program
    > > it
    > > asked me to insert the CD.
    > > I urgently need to use this drive and feel I have tried everything I need
    > > help and fast. Please!!

    Hi Cos,

    That program is bundled with Roxio or Adaptec Easy CD Creator. Do you still
    have this program disc or did it come with the system? Did you uninstall
    it? If so, try reinstalling it.
    Post back with results.

    > Thanks that has helped but now every time I use this drive a error message
    > appears saying
    > "The driver 'CD4_XP.SYS' on your system is old. Please re-install DirectCD
    > to update this driver"
    > The trouble is I don't know what this means. What CD is it talking about?
    > Or
    > is there an internet download that sorts out this problem or will my next
    > automatic update sort this out?
    >

    > "Newtechie" wrote:
    >
    >> Try this fix in #8 from this site. Let us know if it works.
    >> http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.htm
    >>
    >> Newtechie
    >>
    >> "cos" <cos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> >I recently got a digital camera and started to install it. I installed
    >> >the
    >> > drivers and programs off the CD before plugging in the camera, as this
    >> > was
    >> > the way I was instructed to do in the manual. When I then restarted the
    >> > computer with the camera plugged in I could not find my SAMSUNG CD-R/RW
    >> > in
    >> > my
    >> > computer only the removable storage of the camera. I then tried
    >> > disconnecting
    >> > the camera but still couldn't find the drive. I then uninstalled all
    >> > the
    >> > software and drivers for the camera which I just installed and this
    >> > still
    >> > made no difference. When I checked the Device manager I found an error
    >> > message that read
    >> > "Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but
    >> > cannot
    >> > find the hardware device. (Code 41)"
    >> > When I tried inserting a disc I could hear the CD running in the drive
    >> > but
    >> > nothing happened on screen. When I tried opening the corresponding
    >> > program
    >> > it
    >> > asked me to insert the CD.
    >> > I urgently need to use this drive and feel I have tried everything I
    >> > need
    >> > help and fast. Please!!

    Hi "Newtechie"

    Thanks for your help, I have figured out and solved the problem. Here is
    what I did:
    I found the CD for Roxio and tried the repair and modify options, this
    didn’t work so I tried to uninstall and then installed the program again and
    this has solved my problem. So far I have found no more problems with the
    program or the pc. I sincerely thank you as you saved me a couple of €€€€,
    you also gave me some resources and if I suffer anymore problems I will be
    coming back to you. THANKS

    "Newtechie" wrote:

    > Hi Cos,
    >
    > That program is bundled with Roxio or Adaptec Easy CD Creator. Do you still
    > have this program disc or did it come with the system? Did you uninstall
    > it? If so, try reinstalling it.
    > Post back with results.
    >
    > Newtechie
    >
    > "cos" <cos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Thanks that has helped but now every time I use this drive a error message
    > > appears saying
    > > "The driver 'CD4_XP.SYS' on your system is old. Please re-install DirectCD
    > > to update this driver"
    > > The trouble is I don't know what this means. What CD is it talking about?
    > > Or
    > > is there an internet download that sorts out this problem or will my next
    > > automatic update sort this out?
    > >

    > > "Newtechie" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Try this fix in #8 from this site. Let us know if it works.
    > >> http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.htm
    > >>
    > >> Newtechie
    > >>
    > >> "cos" <cos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    You are most welcome Cos!

    > Hi "Newtechie"
    >
    > Thanks for your help, I have figured out and solved the problem. Here is
    > what I did:
    > I found the CD for Roxio and tried the repair and modify options, this
    > didn't work so I tried to uninstall and then installed the program again
    and
    > this has solved my problem. So far I have found no more problems with the
    > program or the pc. I sincerely thank you as you saved me a couple of ????,
    > you also gave me some resources and if I suffer anymore problems I will be
    > coming back to you. THANKS
    >

    > "Newtechie" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi Cos,
    > >
    > > That program is bundled with Roxio or Adaptec Easy CD Creator. Do you
    still
    > > have this program disc or did it come with the system? Did you
    uninstall
    > > it? If so, try reinstalling it.
    > > Post back with results.
    > >
    > > Newtechie
    > >
    > > "cos" <cos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > Thanks that has helped but now every time I use this drive a error
    message
    > > > appears saying
    > > > "The driver 'CD4_XP.SYS' on your system is old. Please re-install
    DirectCD
    > > > to update this driver"
    > > > The trouble is I don't know what this means. What CD is it talking
    about?
    > > > Or
    > > > is there an internet download that sorts out this problem or will my
    next
    > > > automatic update sort this out?

    CD-R/RW

Cameras CD-Rom Windows XP