SAMSUNG CD-R/RW SW-252S has gone missing

Cos

I recently got a digital camera and started to install it. I installed the
drivers and programs off the CD before plugging in the camera, as this was
the way I was instructed to do in the manual. When I then restarted the
computer with the camera plugged in I could not find my SAMSUNG CD-R/RW in my
computer only the removable storage of the camera. I then tried disconnecting
the camera but still couldn’t find the drive. I then uninstalled all the
software and drivers for the camera which I just installed and this still
made no difference. When I checked the Device manager I found an error
message that read
“Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot
find the hardware device. (Code 41)�
When I tried inserting a disc I could hear the CD running in the drive but
nothing happened on screen. When I tried opening the corresponding program it
asked me to insert the CD.
I urgently need to use this drive and feel I have tried everything I need
help and fast. Please!!

Try this fix in #8 from this site. Let us know if it works.
http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.htm

Newtechie

"cos" <cos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently got a digital camera and started to install it. I installed the
> drivers and programs off the CD before plugging in the camera, as this was
> the way I was instructed to do in the manual. When I then restarted the
> computer with the camera plugged in I could not find my SAMSUNG CD-R/RW in
> my
> computer only the removable storage of the camera. I then tried
> disconnecting
> the camera but still couldn't find the drive. I then uninstalled all the
> software and drivers for the camera which I just installed and this still
> made no difference. When I checked the Device manager I found an error
> message that read
> "Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but
> cannot
> find the hardware device. (Code 41)"
> When I tried inserting a disc I could hear the CD running in the drive but
> nothing happened on screen. When I tried opening the corresponding program
> it
> asked me to insert the CD.
> I urgently need to use this drive and feel I have tried everything I need
> help and fast. Please!!

Cos

yes this has helped i have found the cd drive but a new error message pops up
everytime i enter the cd or program that uses a cd that says
"The driver 'CDR4_XP.SYS' on your system is old. please re-install DirectCD
to update this driver"
I dont which cd that is. is there a download for this or will my next
automatic update fix the problem.

"Newtechie" wrote:

> Try this fix in #8 from this site. Let us know if it works.
> http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.htm
>
> Newtechie
>
> "cos" <cos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I recently got a digital camera and started to install it. I installed the
> > drivers and programs off the CD before plugging in the camera, as this was
> > the way I was instructed to do in the manual. When I then restarted the
> > computer with the camera plugged in I could not find my SAMSUNG CD-R/RW in
> > my
> > computer only the removable storage of the camera. I then tried
> > disconnecting
> > the camera but still couldn't find the drive. I then uninstalled all the
> > software and drivers for the camera which I just installed and this still
> > made no difference. When I checked the Device manager I found an error
> > message that read
> > "Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but
> > cannot
> > find the hardware device. (Code 41)"
> > When I tried inserting a disc I could hear the CD running in the drive but
> > nothing happened on screen. When I tried opening the corresponding program
> > it
> > asked me to insert the CD.
> > I urgently need to use this drive and feel I have tried everything I need
> > help and fast. Please!!

Cos

Thanks that has helped but now every time I use this drive a error message
appears saying
“The driver ‘CD4_XP.SYS’ on your system is old. Please re-install DirectCD
to update this driver�
The trouble is I don’t know what this means. What CD is it talking about? Or
is there an internet download that sorts out this problem or will my next
automatic update sort this out?

"Newtechie" wrote:

> Try this fix in #8 from this site. Let us know if it works.
> http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.htm
>
> Newtechie
>
> "cos" <cos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I recently got a digital camera and started to install it. I installed the
> > drivers and programs off the CD before plugging in the camera, as this was
> > the way I was instructed to do in the manual. When I then restarted the
> > computer with the camera plugged in I could not find my SAMSUNG CD-R/RW in
> > my
> > computer only the removable storage of the camera. I then tried
> > disconnecting
> > the camera but still couldn't find the drive. I then uninstalled all the
> > software and drivers for the camera which I just installed and this still
> > made no difference. When I checked the Device manager I found an error
> > message that read
> > "Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but
> > cannot
> > find the hardware device. (Code 41)"
> > When I tried inserting a disc I could hear the CD running in the drive but
> > nothing happened on screen. When I tried opening the corresponding program
> > it
> > asked me to insert the CD.
> > I urgently need to use this drive and feel I have tried everything I need
> > help and fast. Please!!

Hi Cos,

That program is bundled with Roxio or Adaptec Easy CD Creator. Do you still
have this program disc or did it come with the system? Did you uninstall
it? If so, try reinstalling it.
Post back with results.

> Thanks that has helped but now every time I use this drive a error message
> appears saying
> "The driver 'CD4_XP.SYS' on your system is old. Please re-install DirectCD
> to update this driver"
> The trouble is I don't know what this means. What CD is it talking about?
> Or
> is there an internet download that sorts out this problem or will my next
> automatic update sort this out?
>

> "Newtechie" wrote:
>
>> Try this fix in #8 from this site. Let us know if it works.
>> http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.htm
>>
>> Newtechie
>>
>> "cos" <cos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I recently got a digital camera and started to install it. I installed
>> >the
>> > drivers and programs off the CD before plugging in the camera, as this
>> > was
>> > the way I was instructed to do in the manual. When I then restarted the
>> > computer with the camera plugged in I could not find my SAMSUNG CD-R/RW
>> > in
>> > my
>> > computer only the removable storage of the camera. I then tried
>> > disconnecting
>> > the camera but still couldn't find the drive. I then uninstalled all
>> > the
>> > software and drivers for the camera which I just installed and this
>> > still
>> > made no difference. When I checked the Device manager I found an error
>> > message that read
>> > "Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but
>> > cannot
>> > find the hardware device. (Code 41)"
>> > When I tried inserting a disc I could hear the CD running in the drive
>> > but
>> > nothing happened on screen. When I tried opening the corresponding
>> > program
>> > it
>> > asked me to insert the CD.
>> > I urgently need to use this drive and feel I have tried everything I
>> > need
>> > help and fast. Please!!

Cos

Hi "Newtechie"

Thanks for your help, I have figured out and solved the problem. Here is
what I did:
I found the CD for Roxio and tried the repair and modify options, this
didn’t work so I tried to uninstall and then installed the program again and
this has solved my problem. So far I have found no more problems with the
program or the pc. I sincerely thank you as you saved me a couple of €€€€,
you also gave me some resources and if I suffer anymore problems I will be
coming back to you. THANKS

"Newtechie" wrote:

> Hi Cos,
>
> That program is bundled with Roxio or Adaptec Easy CD Creator. Do you still
> have this program disc or did it come with the system? Did you uninstall
> it? If so, try reinstalling it.
> Post back with results.
>
> Newtechie
>
> "cos" <cos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks that has helped but now every time I use this drive a error message
> > appears saying
> > "The driver 'CD4_XP.SYS' on your system is old. Please re-install DirectCD
> > to update this driver"
> > The trouble is I don't know what this means. What CD is it talking about?
> > Or
> > is there an internet download that sorts out this problem or will my next
> > automatic update sort this out?
> >

> > "Newtechie" wrote:
> >
> >> Try this fix in #8 from this site. Let us know if it works.
> >> http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.htm
> >>
> >> Newtechie
> >>
> >> "cos" <cos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

You are most welcome Cos!