Keyboard short-cut to "see" hidden file...

Hi,

Is there any short-cut to toggle show/hide those hidden file??
1 answer Last reply
More about keyboard short hidden file

    In news:BE4C93E9.4B9F%firstpak@tm.net.my,
    Firstpack Graphics <firstpak@tm.net.my> had this to say:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Is there any short-cut to toggle show/hide those hidden file??

    Not as far as I know. A quick search at a search engine didn't turn up any
    shortcut keys assigned to show/hide hidden files. I don't even know of a
    third party application that does that but there may be one out there.
    Sounds a bit like a valuable application if it were light and didn't require
    installation. You could use it on client machines to show hidden files while
    you were debugging it. It's a great idea but I don't know of an animal that
    does that.

    You could make a .reg file for that or maybe convert it to a VBScript file
    if you wanted, here's the key information that you'd need to do this:

    Registry Key:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advance
    Data Type: REG_DWORD [Dword Value] // Value Name: ShowSuperHidden
    Modify/Create the Value Name [ShowSuperHidden] according to the Value Data
    listed below.
    Value Data: [0 = ShowSuperHidden Disabled / 1 = ShowSuperHidden Enabled]
    Exit Registry and Reboot

    The reg key information came from theeldergeek.com just so you don't think I
    knew that off the top of my head ;)

    Galen

    mental exaltation." -- Sherlock Holmes

Hardware Microsoft Keyboards Windows XP