Odd Streets and Trips install issue

July 15, 2004 9:54:30 PM

I have an HP iPaq 1945. I have it ActiveSynced with my
desktop, and it works fine; I can transfer files, install
programs, surf from the handheld. I already have Streets
and Trips, so I browsed to Pocket Streets and ran Setup
as instructed. I saw the progression of files installing
on the Pocket PC, and the desktop installer said all was
good. I tried to run Pocket Streets, but whether I use
the Programs link or browse to the directory and run the
executable, I get something that says Pocket Streets at
the top, but is File Explorer. I uninstalled and
reinstalled - same thing.

Any ideas?
Anonymous
a b α HP
July 16, 2004 4:59:18 AM

It sounds like you may not have any maps loaded. When you start pocket
streets, you should see a File Explorer window listing all of the maps
you've loaded on your Pocket PC. When you tap on the city you want, it
pulls up the map.

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 17:54:30 -0700, "Carrie" <roadstergal@roadfly.com>
wrote:

>I have an HP iPaq 1945. I have it ActiveSynced with my
>desktop, and it works fine; I can transfer files, install
>programs, surf from the handheld. I already have Streets
>and Trips, so I browsed to Pocket Streets and ran Setup
>as instructed. I saw the progression of files installing
>on the Pocket PC, and the desktop installer said all was
>good. I tried to run Pocket Streets, but whether I use
>the Programs link or browse to the directory and run the
>executable, I get something that says Pocket Streets at
>the top, but is File Explorer. I uninstalled and
>reinstalled - same thing.
>
>Any ideas?
Anonymous
a b α HP
July 16, 2004 4:59:19 AM

Yes, this is correct. Actually, you can download Pocket Streed maps from
the Pocket Streets Web Site. They have one for just about every major city.
It's pretty cool!!

Here's a link to download the maps:

"Jim Hughes" <CableRunner@USWest.net> wrote in message
> It sounds like you may not have any maps loaded. When you start pocket
> streets, you should see a File Explorer window listing all of the maps
> you've loaded on your Pocket PC. When you tap on the city you want, it
> pulls up the map.
>
> On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 17:54:30 -0700, "Carrie" <roadstergal@roadfly.com>
> wrote:
>
>>I have an HP iPaq 1945. I have it ActiveSynced with my
>>desktop, and it works fine; I can transfer files, install
>>programs, surf from the handheld. I already have Streets
>>and Trips, so I browsed to Pocket Streets and ran Setup
>>as instructed. I saw the progression of files installing
>>on the Pocket PC, and the desktop installer said all was
>>good. I tried to run Pocket Streets, but whether I use
>>the Programs link or browse to the directory and run the
>>executable, I get something that says Pocket Streets at
>>the top, but is File Explorer. I uninstalled and
>>reinstalled - same thing.
>>
>>Any ideas?

Related resources
July 16, 2004 4:59:20 AM

D'oh! I was expecting it to act more like S&T on the
PC. Thanks!
Anonymous
a b α HP
July 16, 2004 5:54:51 PM

Or you create your own map(s) from Autoroute so you get the area(s) you
want.

"CopperTrail" <wooch06@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Yes, this is correct. Actually, you can download Pocket Streed maps from
> the Pocket Streets Web Site. They have one for just about every major
city.
> It's pretty cool!!
>
> Here's a link to download the maps:

> "Jim Hughes" <CableRunner@USWest.net> wrote in message
> > It sounds like you may not have any maps loaded. When you start pocket
> > streets, you should see a File Explorer window listing all of the maps
> > you've loaded on your Pocket PC. When you tap on the city you want, it
> > pulls up the map.
> >
> > On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 17:54:30 -0700, "Carrie" <roadstergal@roadfly.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >>I have an HP iPaq 1945. I have it ActiveSynced with my
> >>desktop, and it works fine; I can transfer files, install
> >>programs, surf from the handheld. I already have Streets
> >>and Trips, so I browsed to Pocket Streets and ran Setup
> >>as instructed. I saw the progression of files installing
> >>on the Pocket PC, and the desktop installer said all was
> >>good. I tried to run Pocket Streets, but whether I use
> >>the Programs link or browse to the directory and run the
> >>executable, I get something that says Pocket Streets at
> >>the top, but is File Explorer. I uninstalled and
> >>reinstalled - same thing.
> >>
> >>Any ideas?

Anonymous
a b α HP
July 16, 2004 10:34:39 PM

Anybody had any luck opening the London Center map? I tried and get the
little clock thingy that runs forever (hours!). I can search for items
(e.g., Buckingham) and it works, but the map never comes up. I've opened up
5 other downloaded EU maps, but London CTR, seems broke.
Mike

"CopperTrail" <wooch06@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Yes, this is correct. Actually, you can download Pocket Streed maps from
> the Pocket Streets Web Site. They have one for just about every major
city.
> It's pretty cool!!
>
> Here's a link to download the maps:

b96b-7ddbaf994ba0&DisplayLang=en

> "Jim Hughes" <CableRunner@USWest.net> wrote in message
> > It sounds like you may not have any maps loaded. When you start pocket
> > streets, you should see a File Explorer window listing all of the maps
> > you've loaded on your Pocket PC. When you tap on the city you want, it
> > pulls up the map.
> >
> > On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 17:54:30 -0700, "Carrie" <roadstergal@roadfly.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >>I have an HP iPaq 1945. I have it ActiveSynced with my
> >>desktop, and it works fine; I can transfer files, install
> >>programs, surf from the handheld. I already have Streets
> >>and Trips, so I browsed to Pocket Streets and ran Setup
> >>as instructed. I saw the progression of files installing
> >>on the Pocket PC, and the desktop installer said all was
> >>good. I tried to run Pocket Streets, but whether I use
> >>the Programs link or browse to the directory and run the
> >>executable, I get something that says Pocket Streets at
> >>the top, but is File Explorer. I uninstalled and
> >>reinstalled - same thing.
> >>
> >>Any ideas?

Anonymous
a b α HP
July 17, 2004 3:33:28 PM

It's a fairly well known issue.

Try recreating your maps but don't let them cross the prime meridian, the
issue seems to be where the map straddles it. Create 2 maps and swap over
when you need to see what's on the 'other side'.

!