Hard Drive instalation

Hello
I just installed a new secondary hard drive it is recognized in the system
settings and also in the CMOS however it is not recognized in the "my
computer" section of XP in other words it hasn't been assigned a drive
letter. I only have (4) IDE devices the other devices are recognized. I tried
the drive in another computer and no problem. The Device manager sees the
drive as being part of the system and shows no conflicts. DOes anyone have
any advice on how to get this slave drive up and running?
--
Just plain Joe

Right click My Computer, Select Manage then Disk Management. You can
format it there and assign a drive letter.

"Toppinjoe" <Toppinjoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello
> I just installed a new secondary hard drive it is recognized in the system
> settings and also in the CMOS however it is not recognized in the "my
> computer" section of XP in other words it hasn't been assigned a drive
> letter. I only have (4) IDE devices the other devices are recognized. I
> tried
> the drive in another computer and no problem. The Device manager sees the
> drive as being part of the system and shows no conflicts. DOes anyone have
> any advice on how to get this slave drive up and running?
> --
> Just plain Joe

terry

"RonK" wrote:

> Right click My Computer, Select Manage then Disk Management. You can
> format it there and assign a drive letter.
>
> "Toppinjoe" <Toppinjoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello
> > I just installed a new secondary hard drive it is recognized in the system
> > settings and also in the CMOS however it is not recognized in the "my
> > computer" section of XP in other words it hasn't been assigned a drive
> > letter. I only have (4) IDE devices the other devices are recognized. I
> > tried
> > the drive in another computer and no problem. The Device manager sees the
> > drive as being part of the system and shows no conflicts. DOes anyone have
> > any advice on how to get this slave drive up and running?
> > --
> > Just plain Joe

terry

"RonK" wrote:

> Right click My Computer, Select Manage then Disk Management. You can
> format it there and assign a drive letter.
>
> "Toppinjoe" <Toppinjoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello
> > I just installed a new secondary hard drive it is recognized in the system
> > settings and also in the CMOS however it is not recognized in the "my
> > computer" section of XP in other words it hasn't been assigned a drive
> > letter. I only have (4) IDE devices the other devices are recognized. I
> > tried
> > the drive in another computer and no problem. The Device manager sees the
> > drive as being part of the system and shows no conflicts. DOes anyone have
> > any advice on how to get this slave drive up and running?
> > --
> > Just plain Joe

terry

I am having the same problem let me know what you have to to fix it.