web page cropping

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
July 5, 2004 6:41:50 PM

Hello All,

I have a 1220C HP printer and I am running Windows XP. I am having a
problem were when I print anything from a web page I'm getting a
cropping on the right hand margin. It shows it on the print preview as
well as the printed copy. I have changed the margins and that does not
help any.

Is there anyone out there that could help me straighten this out?

Thank you,

Albert

More about : web page cropping

Anonymous
July 6, 2004 4:08:00 PM

In article <7feje0d8a9fdcmvgk417mpjqoo3g4120ob@4ax.com>,
amlason(at)hotmail(dot)com (Albert) wrote:

> I am having a problem were when I print anything from a web page I'm
> getting a cropping on the right hand margin.

Change the paper orientation to landscape.

Jon.
July 6, 2004 4:08:01 PM

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 12:08 +0100 (BST), Jon@NOonlySPAMbrowsingTHANX.com
(Jon O'Brien) wrote:

>In article <7feje0d8a9fdcmvgk417mpjqoo3g4120ob@4ax.com>,
>amlason(at)hotmail(dot)com (Albert) wrote:
>
>> I am having a problem were when I print anything from a web page I'm
>> getting a cropping on the right hand margin.
>
>Change the paper orientation to landscape.
>
>Jon.

Jon,

Changing the paper orientation to landscape did the trick.

I thank you very much,

Albert
Related resources
July 6, 2004 4:08:01 PM

On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 07:54:25 -0700, J. A. Mc. <jaSPAMc@gbr.online.com>
wrote:

>On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 12:08 +0100 (BST), Jon@NOonlySPAMbrowsingTHANX.com (Jon
>O'Brien) found these unused words floating about:
>
>>In article <7feje0d8a9fdcmvgk417mpjqoo3g4120ob@4ax.com>,
>>amlason(at)hotmail(dot)com (Albert) wrote:
>>
>>> I am having a problem were when I print anything from a web page I'm
>>> getting a cropping on the right hand margin.
>>
>>Change the paper orientation to landscape.
>>
>-or- (if you have a good browser) use the page preview and set the scaling
>factor so that you get the full page.

J.A.,

I am running Windows Explorer and I tried every option from 500
percent always down the menu and it did not help, but I thank you
anyway. The suggestion that Jon gave me did work is so far nothing
else that I have tried.

Again thank you,

Albert
Anonymous
July 8, 2004 8:23:44 PM

On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 14:41:50 -0600, Albert
<amlason(at)hotmail(dot)com> wrote:

>Hello All,
>
>I have a 1220C HP printer and I am running Windows XP. I am having a
>problem were when I print anything from a web page I'm getting a
>cropping on the right hand margin. It shows it on the print preview as
>well as the printed copy. I have changed the margins and that does not
>help any.
>
>Is there anyone out there that could help me straighten this out?
>
>Thank you,
>
>Albert

I am wondering if you have a scaling option in your print drivers?
I would almost think that it may be a basic option of todays printer.
!