Microsoft Shared Fax Driver what do I need?

Hello,
this comes up on my control panel that it is installed on my computer, can I get this to work with a printer/scanner? windows 7
4 answers Last reply
More about microsoft shared driver need
  1. theresao44 said:
    Hello,
    this comes up on my control panel that it is installed on my computer, can I get this to work with a printer/scanner? windows 7

I'm curious about this as well. I have an actual fax machine that's attached to my windows7 machine & was rather surprised to find this "Microsoft Shared Fax" device.

Since as far as I can tell, it's not actually associated with a physical device, how does it "fax"?
    Is it something that goes over the internet as part of Microsoft's "cloud services" thing that I keep hearing ads for?

Once upon a time ages and ages ago, I had software that would transmit a "fax" over the internet to a physical fax machine (if I had a fax/phone number where one existed). It was a service that would act as a virtual fax machine and had a phone number associated with it so I was even able to receive faxes (they went to my email).

I don't really need this Microsoft Shared Fax thing though because I've had my hardware fax machine shared through windows since win98 =p

What is this Shared Fax and is there some way to set it up, modify it, or remove it?
    It must have installed by default when installing windows 7.
  2. theresao44 said:
    Hello,

Hello there. I want to install driver for the microsoft fax
  3. theresao44 said:
    Hello,

I'm trying to use the microsoft shared fax on my pc. The system doesn't recognize any diver. What do I do?
  4. theresao44 said:
    Hello,

All I need is to get it to work. Do I install driver for this or not?
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Control Panel Fax Microsoft Windows 7