Sign in with
Your question

Microsoft Shared Fax Driver what do I need?

Last response: in Windows 7
February 9, 2011 3:04:17 PM

Hello,
this comes up on my control panel that it is installed on my computer, can I get this to work with a printer/scanner? windows 7
April 12, 2011 4:27:49 PM

theresao44 said:
Hello,
this comes up on my control panel that it is installed on my computer, can I get this to work with a printer/scanner? windows 7

I'm curious about this as well. I have an actual fax machine that's attached to my windows7 machine & was rather surprised to find this "Microsoft Shared Fax" device.

Since as far as I can tell, it's not actually associated with a physical device, how does it "fax"?
Is it something that goes over the internet as part of Microsoft's "cloud services" thing that I keep hearing ads for?

Once upon a time ages and ages ago, I had software that would transmit a "fax" over the internet to a physical fax machine (if I had a fax/phone number where one existed). It was a service that would act as a virtual fax machine and had a phone number associated with it so I was even able to receive faxes (they went to my email).

I don't really need this Microsoft Shared Fax thing though because I've had my hardware fax machine shared through windows since win98 =p

What is this Shared Fax and is there some way to set it up, modify it, or remove it?
It must have installed by default when installing windows 7.
m
l
December 22, 2012 1:38:45 AM

theresao44 said:
Hello,

Hello there. I want to install driver for the microsoft fax
m
l
Related resources
December 22, 2012 1:40:25 AM

theresao44 said:
Hello,

I'm trying to use the microsoft shared fax on my pc. The system doesn't recognize any diver. What do I do?
m
l
December 22, 2012 1:42:55 AM

theresao44 said:
Hello,

All I need is to get it to work. Do I install driver for this or not?
m
l
!