HDD Detection time needed ( what second; how long )

Hello all ~!

I know that hdd detection times are different by mainboards(or chipset?).
Anyone knows where i can find these information?

Thanks in advance

Don

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2001

what wrote:
> Hello all ~!
>
> I know that hdd detection times are different by mainboards(or chipset?).
> Anyone knows where i can find these information?
>
> Thanks in advance

Try looking at the BIOS manufacturer sites.

Most BIOSes now have a default value of 0 (zero) since recent drives
reach operating speed very quickly. For older drives, the delay can be
adjusted in the BIOS setup between 0 and 15 seconds, depending on the
BIOS manufacturer.