HDD Detection time needed ( what second; how long )

Hello all ~!

I know that hdd detection times are different by mainboards(or chipset?).
Anyone knows where i can find these information?

Thanks in advance
1 answer Last reply
More about detection time needed second long

    what wrote:
    > Hello all ~!
    >
    > I know that hdd detection times are different by mainboards(or chipset?).
    > Anyone knows where i can find these information?
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    Try looking at the BIOS manufacturer sites.

    Most BIOSes now have a default value of 0 (zero) since recent drives
    reach operating speed very quickly. For older drives, the delay can be
    adjusted in the BIOS setup between 0 and 15 seconds, depending on the
    BIOS manufacturer.

MSI-Microstar Detection Hard Drives Motherboards