WD usb2 external harddrive file size limitation?

I am using a 250GB WD external harddrive that is formated NTFS. I have been
able to copy over a 100GB of files to it with no problem. But if I try to
write a single 25GB ntbackup file to it, it will get about 5-6GB into it and
then give me write failures and stop. I have no problem writing the same
backup to a 160GB WD drive that is also connected via usb. Has anyone else
seen this problem?

Thanks
Ray

Ray Joslyn wrote:
> I am using a 250GB WD external harddrive that is formated NTFS. I
> have been able to copy over a 100GB of files to it with no problem.
> But if I try to write a single 25GB ntbackup file to it, it will get
> about 5-6GB into it and then give me write failures and stop. I have
> no problem writing the same backup to a 160GB WD drive that is also
> connected via usb. Has anyone else seen this problem?
>
> Thanks
> Ray

Power problems? run from a command prompt chkdsk /r and try again.