K8N Neo 4 Platinum- Sata raid BIOS when booting

Just received my new pc with a K8N Neo 4 mb and win xp pro installed. As far
as I know, my 2 SATA disk are not in RAID. Every time I boot I get into "Sil
3114 Sata RAID BIOS", the system timeouts after approx. 30 sec and goes
further into windows. Is this a normal behavour? If not, any solution?

MrK

Am Wed, 16 Feb 2005 20:38:08 +0100 schrieb Mr K:

> Just received my new pc with a K8N Neo 4 mb and win xp pro installed. As far
> as I know, my 2 SATA disk are not in RAID.

You should know that, because you have set up the system yourself ;-)

> Every time I boot I get into "Sil
> 3114 Sata RAID BIOS", the system timeouts after approx. 30 sec and goes
> further into windows. Is this a normal behavour? If not, any solution?

Check if you could reduce that timeout to a few seconds. Maybe there are
some more hints in the manual.

Michael

"Michael Paul" <michaelsspambox@despammed.com> wrote in message
> Am Wed, 16 Feb 2005 20:38:08 +0100 schrieb Mr K:
>
>> Just received my new pc with a K8N Neo 4 mb and win xp pro installed. As
>> far
>> as I know, my 2 SATA disk are not in RAID.
>
> You should know that, because you have set up the system yourself ;-)
>
>> Every time I boot I get into "Sil
>> 3114 Sata RAID BIOS", the system timeouts after approx. 30 sec and goes
>> further into windows. Is this a normal behavour? If not, any solution?
>
> Check if you could reduce that timeout to a few seconds. Maybe there are
> some more hints in the manual.
>
> Michael

Check if the Sata drives are using the Nvidia controller. If they are
disable the Silicon raid controller in the bios. Most normal users do not
need 6 Sata drives!

"John Russell" <john_e_russell@hotmail.com> skrev i melding

> "Michael Paul" <michaelsspambox@despammed.com> wrote in message
>> Am Wed, 16 Feb 2005 20:38:08 +0100 schrieb Mr K:
>>

>>> Every time I boot I get into "Sil
>>> 3114 Sata RAID BIOS", the system timeouts after approx. 30 sec and goes
>>> further into windows. Is this a normal behavour? If not, any solution?
>
> Check if the Sata drives are using the Nvidia controller. If they are
> disable the Silicon raid controller in the bios. Most normal users do not
> need 6 Sata drives!

Thx mate, disabling the raid controller in BIOS did the trick!!

MrK