K8N Neo 4 Platinum- Sata raid BIOS when booting

Just received my new pc with a K8N Neo 4 mb and win xp pro installed. As far
as I know, my 2 SATA disk are not in RAID. Every time I boot I get into "Sil
3114 Sata RAID BIOS", the system timeouts after approx. 30 sec and goes
further into windows. Is this a normal behavour? If not, any solution?

MrK
3 answers Last reply
More about platinum sata raid bios booting

    Am Wed, 16 Feb 2005 20:38:08 +0100 schrieb Mr K:

    > Just received my new pc with a K8N Neo 4 mb and win xp pro installed. As far
    > as I know, my 2 SATA disk are not in RAID.

    You should know that, because you have set up the system yourself ;-)

    > Every time I boot I get into "Sil
    > 3114 Sata RAID BIOS", the system timeouts after approx. 30 sec and goes
    > further into windows. Is this a normal behavour? If not, any solution?

    Check if you could reduce that timeout to a few seconds. Maybe there are
    some more hints in the manual.

    Michael
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    "Michael Paul" <michaelsspambox@despammed.com> wrote in message
    > Am Wed, 16 Feb 2005 20:38:08 +0100 schrieb Mr K:
    >
    >> Just received my new pc with a K8N Neo 4 mb and win xp pro installed. As
    >> far
    >> as I know, my 2 SATA disk are not in RAID.
    >
    > You should know that, because you have set up the system yourself ;-)
    >
    >> Every time I boot I get into "Sil
    >> 3114 Sata RAID BIOS", the system timeouts after approx. 30 sec and goes
    >> further into windows. Is this a normal behavour? If not, any solution?
    >
    > Check if you could reduce that timeout to a few seconds. Maybe there are
    > some more hints in the manual.
    >
    > Michael

    Check if the Sata drives are using the Nvidia controller. If they are
    disable the Silicon raid controller in the bios. Most normal users do not
    need 6 Sata drives!
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    "John Russell" <john_e_russell@hotmail.com> skrev i melding

    > "Michael Paul" <michaelsspambox@despammed.com> wrote in message
    >> Am Wed, 16 Feb 2005 20:38:08 +0100 schrieb Mr K:
    >>

    >>> Every time I boot I get into "Sil
    >>> 3114 Sata RAID BIOS", the system timeouts after approx. 30 sec and goes
    >>> further into windows. Is this a normal behavour? If not, any solution?
    >
    > Check if the Sata drives are using the Nvidia controller. If they are
    > disable the Silicon raid controller in the bios. Most normal users do not
    > need 6 Sata drives!

    Thx mate, disabling the raid controller in BIOS did the trick!!

    MrK

MSI-Microstar Platinum NAS / RAID SATA BIOS Motherboards