add new hardware wizard is faulty

I am trying to install a new internal dvd drive, I cant do so because for the
past couple of months, every time I boot up the new hardware wizard appears
thinking that there is a new printer attached and there isn't one. I can't
install any other non plug and play hardware because of this problem. Can
anyone help. Any help would be much appreciated.

"daffmaster" <daffmaster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to install a new internal dvd drive, I cant do so because for
>the
> past couple of months, every time I boot up the new hardware wizard
> appears
> thinking that there is a new printer attached and there isn't one. I can't
> install any other non plug and play hardware because of this problem. Can
> anyone help. Any help would be much appreciated.

The New Hardware Wizard May Detect the Printer Device After Every Restart of
the Computer;

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;298370

I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
I was just trying to help.
advice herein.
No warranty is expressed or implied.
Your mileage may vary.
See store for details. :)

Remove shoes to E-mail.

Does the "Add New hardware wizard" appears "everytime" you boot the PC or
only when you have connected a new hardware(and new hardware is detected as
a printer?!).

If ANHW appears everytime, you need to check Device Manager for any
problems. Go to Start>Control Panel>System> hardware>Device Manager. Check
if any devices have question or exclamation marks.