add new hardware wizard is faulty

I am trying to install a new internal dvd drive, I cant do so because for the
past couple of months, every time I boot up the new hardware wizard appears
thinking that there is a new printer attached and there isn't one. I can't
install any other non plug and play hardware because of this problem. Can
anyone help. Any help would be much appreciated.
2 answers Last reply
More about hardware wizard faulty

    "daffmaster" <daffmaster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am trying to install a new internal dvd drive, I cant do so because for
    >the
    > past couple of months, every time I boot up the new hardware wizard
    > appears
    > thinking that there is a new printer attached and there isn't one. I can't
    > install any other non plug and play hardware because of this problem. Can
    > anyone help. Any help would be much appreciated.

    The New Hardware Wizard May Detect the Printer Device After Every Restart of
    the Computer;

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;298370

    I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
    I was just trying to help.
    advice herein.
    No warranty is expressed or implied.
    Your mileage may vary.
    See store for details. :)

    Remove shoes to E-mail.

    Does the "Add New hardware wizard" appears "everytime" you boot the PC or
    only when you have connected a new hardware(and new hardware is detected as
    a printer?!).

    If ANHW appears everytime, you need to check Device Manager for any
    problems. Go to Start>Control Panel>System> hardware>Device Manager. Check
    if any devices have question or exclamation marks.

    "daffmaster" <daffmaster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am trying to install a new internal dvd drive, I cant do so because for
    >the
    > past couple of months, every time I boot up the new hardware wizard
    > appears
    > thinking that there is a new printer attached and there isn't one. I can't
    > install any other non plug and play hardware because of this problem. Can
    > anyone help. Any help would be much appreciated.

Hardware Plug And Play Microsoft Windows XP