Hung up on dmi pool data new msi k8n neo4 platnium Help

Okay here goes, I received all new items a few days ago,amd 3500 64,
k8n neo4 platnium, 1 512 stick crucial ram(single sided) (unbuffered),
samsung 160 gig 7200 ide drive, writemaster 16x dvd burner put
everything together new everything. It would go though the install on
windows (boot from cd-rom part) but when It gets to 2nd stage of
install, continuing on hard drive, computer freezes on dmi pool data.
So I checked all my jumpers on ide devices, changed ram, reset bios,
installed new ide cable, tried using ide 2 only, tried switching from
master to slave, tried no cd-rom, tried new hard drive with windows
already installed off another 64 bit system I have.
All come up with the same result. Freeze at dmi pool data.

My head now aches, so I took it to a computer repair shop in Oklahoma
city, he had no luck, he told me about msi forums and tech support. I
am leaning toward a bad motherboard. The Instalation for XP went slower
than it should have which makes me curious of the processor? It the
amd 3500 64 with the winchester core. It has no drivers installed yet
as I have yet to get the system to install, so it has to be hardware.
One more thing... I had to use a 20-24 pin adapter for the power
supply, could this have anything to do with it? (raidmax 420w)
Please help...
I have a Msi k8t neo on my 3000 64 and it works great.
Many thanks, Ljon

Spajky

On 21 Feb 2005 11:12:15 -0800, "Ljon" <Ljon077@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Okay here goes, ....
>So I checked all my jumpers on ide devices, changed ram, reset bios,
>installed new ide cable, tried using ide 2 only, tried switching from
>master to slave, tried no cd-rom, tried new hard drive with windows
>already installed off another 64 bit system I have.
>All come up with the same result. Freeze at dmi pool data.

>My head now aches,

once helped me to solve similar problem with reflashing Bios with
same/higher version:
FlashBiosFD
http://users.volja.net/jerman55/FlashBiosFD.zip
--
Regards , SPAJKY ®
E-mail AntiSpam: remove ##

Update...My system is still down, I can still get the first part of
windows install to come on (cd rom part) but anytime I try to boot from
hard drive 2nd part install.. still locks up..on dmi pool data.
So since last post I"ve contacted msi tech support they told me to do
stuff i've already done. (no help) so I rma'd the board. Refunded it
for the Dfi Lan party Ultra-d. So you'd think promblem's over right.
NOPE! same problem. so I keep studying read some more forums. Another
guy says the rail rating of my power supply isn't enough so I buy a
antec evs 550 with the correct 24 pin connector. Still no go but now
the processor fan stops spinning about twenty seconds after boot up.
Which leads me back to my processor concerns earlier. So I'm rma'ing
the AMD 64 3500 NOW. I've replace everything else ram mb hard drive
power, cept video card so by elimination if this isn't it it has to be
the video card but I would be happy to hear from anybody with advice.
I've been to the repair shop in town several times and he's as stumped
as I am, this is a NIGHTMARE.
Any ideals?

If it was my PC I world disconnect all IDE and SATA devices. I would
remove my sound card and disconnect any network cables. Reseat the
video card. Take a close look at the any I/O devices, e.g. mouse and
keyboard. For example do not use an USB wireless keyboard. Go with a
standard PS/2 keyboard. The whole philosophy here is to keep it
simple. Clear the BIOS Extended System Configuration Data (ESCD) and
go with the stock BIOS settings. Set the boot device to the floppy
drive and run five full CLEAN passes of DocMemory.

http://www.simmtester.com/PAGE/products/doc/docinfo.asp

If it looks good try adding your Samsung HDD and see if you can format
it. Now remember sometime during the Windows installation process is
going to add the drivers to your video card and boot into SVGA mode.
If there is a problem with the video driver or the video card you're
dead. Try another video card at this point. Once your up into Windows
power down and install your other devices one at time. Reboot. Follow
the "Found New Hardware" wizard. Shutdown and install another device.
Etc..