Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Sony CRX320E DVD Driver

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
March 4, 2005 8:25:02 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

I have a sony CRX320E and I was running windows 2000. After updating with
Windows XP, my computer no longer recognizes the CD-rom at all? What can I
do?
Debow_E@hotmail.com
March 5, 2005 2:49:03 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Go to the Sony website and look for driver files.

You must have proceeded witht he XP upgrade and ignored the comnpatibility
checker! Silly you.

If Sony doesn't have any drivers, try removing the drive [simply unplug the
IDE cable] and start Windows.

Then shutdown and plug the cable back in and restart: check that the drive
is 'visible' in BIOS [if not it happens to be dead] and the bootup to
Windows. It should see the drive and install drivers automatically - maybe
it will ask for you to insert driver disk.

"Sony CRX320E Driver Disaster" wrote:

> I have a sony CRX320E and I was running windows 2000. After updating with
> Windows XP, my computer no longer recognizes the CD-rom at all? What can I
> do?
> Debow_E@hotmail.com
Anonymous
March 9, 2005 4:26:03 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

I have the same drive and it works fine in XP, you don't need any drivers
from Sony to make it work, i would uninstall it from device manager, reboot
and see if that sorts it out. If no luck then uninstall the secondary IDE
controller. (I asume its on the secondary controller) and reboot.

TonyD

"BAR" <BAR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:EB640562-9E0A-48BC-919A-6646AA234E2A@microsoft.com...
> Go to the Sony website and look for driver files.
>
> You must have proceeded witht he XP upgrade and ignored the comnpatibility
> checker! Silly you.
>
> If Sony doesn't have any drivers, try removing the drive [simply unplug
> the
> IDE cable] and start Windows.
>
> Then shutdown and plug the cable back in and restart: check that the drive
> is 'visible' in BIOS [if not it happens to be dead] and the bootup to
> Windows. It should see the drive and install drivers automatically -
> maybe
> it will ask for you to insert driver disk.
>
> "Sony CRX320E Driver Disaster" wrote:
>
>> I have a sony CRX320E and I was running windows 2000. After updating
>> with
>> Windows XP, my computer no longer recognizes the CD-rom at all? What can
>> I
>> do?
>> Debow_E@hotmail.com
Related resources
June 21, 2009 1:10:42 PM

I have a Sony CDRW/DVD (CRX320A) ans it can not read any DVD Disc...I have check the installed driver and CRX320E is the installed one...i tried to uninstall the installed driver, which is CRX320E and intalled it after, the same CRX320E is intalled...need some help...
June 21, 2009 4:19:14 PM

have you installed any codecs?
Xp wont play dvds without them.
The Nlite codec pack works very well.
When installing it be sure that the mpeg2 codec is installed.
Then you can use the windows media player to watch your dvds.
June 23, 2009 2:56:57 PM

does windows explorer see the drive and the contents, if so then you can install VLC and you don't need to screw with MP any more
July 22, 2009 8:18:49 AM

tata_bambi said:
I have a Sony CDRW/DVD (CRX320A) ans it can not read any DVD Disc...I have check the installed driver and CRX320E is the installed one...i tried to uninstall the installed driver, which is CRX320E and intalled it after, the same CRX320E is intalled...need some help...



Even i have the same problem man... did u find any solution???
!