Add XP free cell to win 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibnsina

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2009
Free cell is build into Windows 7 as well, but you need to turn it on.

Click on Windows(Start) Icon

In the search box type:-

OptionalFeatures

Click on the Optiona Features

Once it opens up, expand Games, then tick Free Cell

Press ok, and restart system.

nmharleyrider

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2009

As far as I can determine there are no Windows optional features in Windows 7. At least they do not show up when I click on the start button. They were in Vista however.

Solitaire and Freecell are unusable on Windows 7 unless you have a card capable of running Aero.

If you want the XP version to run on Windows 7, then what you need to do is to copy the "Freecell.exe" and "Cards.dll" files from the C:\Windows\System32 folder on your XP system to some other folder on your Windows 7 system. Put both files in the same folder, but don't put them into the System32 folder 'cause they'll wipe out the Windows 7 version of the program.

To run the program, just double-click the "Freecell.exe" file. You can create a shortcut to the file on your desktop or pin the program to the taskbar or start menu.

Kevin Robertson

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010
I also find the windows 7 version is different and inferior to that on XP but being a complete computer nerd have no idea how to transfer it to my new computer without causing monumental stuff ups

memay3

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010
:wahoo:

Thank you so very much!

rjrobert

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
Thanks! Worked perfectly. My wife is addicted to Freecell and I was afraid she wouldn't be able to play it on her new computer (thus not making her very happy). You saved the day!

rgjazziz

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2010
hi there. I'm from the Philippines. i too love freecell and now thanks to you i can play with joy and ease. thanks for the tip on how to transfer the old xp version of the game and make it run with windows 7. you are a genius. rgjazziz

Status
Not open for further replies.