Semaphore

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2005

Hi all,

I have acquired a second-hand motherboard. It looks like an MSI and has
MS-6747 written on it. I would appreciate any help on where I can get a
manual for this board or more info on it. I have spent a lot of time
trying to find info on it, like details of pinouts, manuals, drivers etc.
Yes, i am a bit of a novice at motherbaords.

Thanks in advance

semaphore wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi,

> I have acquired a second-hand motherboard. It looks like an MSI and
> has MS-6747 written on it.

Well, that seems to be an OEM board made by MSI for Medion
(www.medion.de). They build systems that are sold in supermarkets like
Aldi (www.aldi.com). Also a lot of HP computers are made by medion.

> I would appreciate any help on where I can get a
> manual for this board or more info on it.

Since this is an OEM board, there is no support at all from MSI. They
don't even provide any information about that board.

> I have spent a lot of time
> trying to find info on it, like details of pinouts, manuals, drivers
etc.

There is a small chance, that you can use a manual from a similar
(retail) mainboard. Maybe the 865PE Neo series (can be found in the
archives on msi.com.tw) will approx. fit your needs. And ask the person
who sold you the board for the manual.

Michael

Semaphore

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2005

Michael, Thanks for your help, appreciate it. I have drawn a blank on
getting any info from the person that sold me the board.