External hard drive problem.

March 5, 2005 11:31:02 AM

My external hard-drive, attached to my computer via a USB2 cable, keeps
producing the autoplay box with the little torch searching for something or
other and it's driving me crazy.

When I look in the properties section of the external hard drive via Windows
Explorer, there is a "tab" for autoplay. Why on earth does an external
hard-drive have this? I'm using Windows XP Home Edition.

How can I stop the "autoplay" box from constantly coming on?

Thanks in anticipation of someone's help with this matter.
Anonymous
March 6, 2005 2:04:54 AM

You can set autoplay settings using TweakUI, a Microsoft tool. You can set
it to disable autoplay for certain drive letters, or for all drives.

In TweakUI, Go to "My Computer">"AutoPlay" . You can download it here.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/...

news:D 24F30C5-FF24-47C8-BC50-7F8EEB37D17E@microsoft.com...

!