Ned - Walton Post (Split topic)

Jake_Barnes

Splendid
Here's what I would have said. Back when we 1st started using this software, I was confused (as were many) why the post count didn't seem to increase with each new post. The person who explained how that worked now, to include the sig's, was Ned Flanders. He even lamented that it was too bad he couldn't go back and revisit his old sig's. Sig's, especially provocative ones, were a big deal with Ned.

Why would I need to explain the software process to Ned - he explained it to me! :roll:

RCPilot

Champion
The only thing to gain by answering him would be to let everyone know you banned Ned & not Jake.... They all have said that Jake did it....

Other than that, I'd just Quarantine it.....

Jake_Barnes

Splendid
The only thing to gain by answering him would be to let everyone know you banned Ned & not Jake.... They all have said that Jake did it....

Other than that, I'd just Quarantine it.....

Hell, they're gonna assume I did it anyway ... they've assumed that because I have a US Flag as an avatar, I must be a jackbooted, right-wing republican ...

Don't people realize that every political group in this country (US) uses that flag ... it's the US Flag, not a political statement.

Fredi

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
These would be my answers.

1) We have once in the past changed a user's signature but that wasn't very well received. So we now reason with the user.

2) I do perm ban only.

RCPilot

Champion
Hell, they're gonna assume I did it anyway ... they've assumed that because I have a US Flag as an avatar, I must be a jackbooted, right-wing republican ...
Well, they'll just have to get over it then won't they!!!!

I don't see where you've done anything wrong.... Why Ned & the rest blame you for everything, has everything to do with dh's & qoop's little BS games.....

Besides, I didn't think being a mod would make any of us spoon feed anyone..... They're in a adult forum, that should act that way!!!

Jake_Barnes

Splendid
Rich's sig was before I started modding... I only know what I read on the forum about it......

Rich's sig issue (Max "fixing it", and Rich changing it back) was what started the moderator ban idea. This issue was the genesis of the temp ban concept. A way to make a moderator point, without a permanent ban.

Ned, of course, was a cumulative thing. Many insults targeted at me (and Susan) and insults/abuse towards all moderators in general. Sort of a permanent state of "insolence" ... 8O

Jake_Barnes

Splendid
It started with that "Censorship Sucks" thread that Ryan started back on Dec 18th. Ned became really abusive at my attempts to explain moderator actions. If you remember that thread, he was tremendously hostile. (Last 3-4 pages)

Here's an example of a PM from him: (Dated Jan 14th)
It's not about impressing you or anyone - Don't think for one second I'd stoop so low.
I replied: (same date)
I've thought about that comment Ned ... I let Susan read it ... do me a favor, don't PM this lowly person again ... ok.

RobD

Champion
This is the bizarre thing. Mozz fell out with DH big time over him being a mod etc etc, and it was Mozz who implied that DH was all set for global dominance or whatnot. Just shows you how DH skews the facts for his little gang, and then sends them off to stir the shit.

Jake_Barnes

Splendid
For the record, I want to put screen shots of Ned's signitures, so anyone here will be able to reference them:

First Sig:
Nedssig1.jpg

2nd Sig: (mocks RC's comments in Moderator Forum)
NedsSig2.jpg

3rd sig: (with the "Your Missus is a nutter" line - double entendre at it's best)
Nedsig3.jpg

Jake_Barnes

Splendid
Thanks man, I appreciate that. To show you how people get this skewed and stereotyped, this is part of a PM from that endyen dude (whom I've never "met" nor moderated, ever):

... Are you of the opinion that I called you "jacbooted rightwinged" because that only refers to someone intent on taking over control of the forums?
Would you rather not be referred to as a flagwaving republican?
Since it is obvious that you wave the flag, are you not a republican? or do you just not want people to know?
Frankly, I do think you have been a little heavy handed some times. Nothing I was interested in getting in your face about, more like "I wonder who pizzed in his cornflakes this morning" stuff....

Now this guy has me all figured out because I use the USA Flag as my avatar ... does he not know that liberals, conservatives, moderates, et al all use the USA Flag - if they are in the USA. I like that Flag and that avatar! :p

Man, to get so stereotyped by an avatar, that's like SoD calling Rob a Nazi because of his avatar.

It does get disgusting at times, but I swear, I'm becoming immune to it all. 8O

RobD

Champion
I echo RC's comments too.

As far as Endyen goes, well it just shows the mindset of some people, doesn't it? Another who's had his views force fed to him.