Reflex 20 V2.0 Smart Card

a b D Laptop
March 5, 2005 7:23:02 PM

I've had a Reflex 20 V2.0 smartcard running with windows XP SP2 for a while,
but suddenly it now sees the card as PCMCIA MTD-002 instead of what it is.
Thinking it was the card, I inserted the card in another laptop running Win
XP SP2 which correctly identified the card. I've even plugged in another
device to the same slot on my laptop and it immediately recognized it. So
this leads me to believe its something in WinXP SP2 thats now messed up.

Given the driver is part of Windows XP, there does not seem to be anyway to
get the driver updated.

Any thoughts?

More about : reflex smart card

August 30, 2010 10:12:17 PM

Sorry for taking up this old message.

I have been searching for a solution for this issue. My Reflex 20 v2 pcmcia showed on device manager as PCDM BOOTFLASH

There is no firmware for the Axalto/Gemalto Reflex 20 v2 but I saw (thans google) that SCM24x driver also works for Reflex 20 v2 and v3 so I tried to flash the SCR243 firmware directy on my Axalto Reflex 20 v3 and it worked.

Now it believes it is a SCR24x and had to instal SCM drivers (that are BTW much newer and even works on Windows 7 that is not supported for the Reflex!).

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 16, 2010 4:51:36 AM

mac1929 said:
Sorry for taking up this old message.

I have been searching for a solution for this issue. My Reflex 20 v2 pcmcia showed on device manager as PCDM BOOTFLASH

There is no firmware for the Axalto/Gemalto Reflex 20 v2 but I saw (thans google) that SCM24x driver also works for Reflex 20 v2 and v3 so I tried to flash the SCR243 firmware directy on my Axalto Reflex 20 v3 and it worked.

Now it believes it is a SCR24x and had to instal SCM drivers (that are BTW much newer and even works on Windows 7 that is not supported for the Reflex!).

Could you explain how to flash new firmware to the card and maybe provide a link as to where to get the firmware and driver. I have not been able to get my Reflex 20 v2 to work scene I got it. Windows XP wont detect it so I selected the driver manually from the list and now I get "This device cannot start. (Code 10)". As far as I now I am using the most up to date driver. I've had this thing for three years and haven't been able to use it. Any help would be great. Thanks.
!