drive not detected?

None of my drives are able of being detected. I cannot play cds, nor can i
burn cds. I went to My Computer, but my drives don't even show up on there.
It's like they no longer exist. What could be this reason?
1 answer Last reply
More about drive detected

    Provided they are still visible in the BIOS see Alex Nichol's magic fix for
    the disappearing optical drive problem.
    http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.php#problems
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "grave_architect" <gravearchitect@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:AA093541-FFEF-4788-BB8F-D2D6A2029D3D@microsoft.com...
    > None of my drives are able of being detected. I cannot play cds, nor can i
    > burn cds. I went to My Computer, but my drives don't even show up on
    > there.
    > It's like they no longer exist. What could be this reason?

Hardware Microsoft Windows XP