KT3 Ultra-ARU and PC3200 RAM

mc

Hi group,

I'm looking to increase the RAM in my system (based on a KT3 Ultra
ARU) and am hoping to get some that will be usable in my next upgrade
(i.e. PC3200). When testing a couple of modules for a neighbour
(Kingmax and Kingston) I had issues - in some configurations the
system wouldn't even post, in others it would never get as far as
Windows.

Does anyone have any experience in getting PC3200 to run in one of
these, and if so what were you using?

I'm thinking of either Geil (a matched kit so I can use it with a
dual-channel system in future) or even just generic.

Thanks!

Both Corsair and Crucial have Modules for your motherboard.
To know the exact model do a search on their websites.

LASR

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 15:07:02 +1100, me@privacy.net <Mc> wrote:

> Hi group,
>
> I'm looking to increase the RAM in my system (based on a KT3 Ultra
> ARU) and am hoping to get some that will be usable in my next upgrade
> (i.e. PC3200). When testing a couple of modules for a neighbour
> (Kingmax and Kingston) I had issues - in some configurations the
> system wouldn't even post, in others it would never get as far as
> Windows.
>
> Does anyone have any experience in getting PC3200 to run in one of
> these, and if so what were you using?
>
> I'm thinking of either Geil (a matched kit so I can use it with a
> dual-channel system in future) or even just generic.
>
> Thanks!

Ï have corsair xms pc2700c2 combined with corsair xms pc3200c2 in my
kt3ultra.
Works great so np there.Also very stable in overclocking i may add.
If you are planning on running in dual memory mode in future i would suggest
to buy twinx if you go for corsair.

"lasr" <lasr@netcom.no> schreef in bericht
> Both Corsair and Crucial have Modules for your motherboard.
> To know the exact model do a search on their websites.
>
> LASR
>
> On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 15:07:02 +1100, me@privacy.net <Mc> wrote:
>
> > Hi group,
> >
> > I'm looking to increase the RAM in my system (based on a KT3 Ultra
> > ARU) and am hoping to get some that will be usable in my next upgrade
> > (i.e. PC3200). When testing a couple of modules for a neighbour
> > (Kingmax and Kingston) I had issues - in some configurations the
> > system wouldn't even post, in others it would never get as far as
> > Windows.
> >
> > Does anyone have any experience in getting PC3200 to run in one of
> > these, and if so what were you using?
> >
> > I'm thinking of either Geil (a matched kit so I can use it with a
> > dual-channel system in future) or even just generic.
> >
> > Thanks!

mc

That's great, thank you very much guys!