DV camera detection on USB port

Hi there! I have encoutered a new problem. My PC is not detecting DV video
cameras when connected by firewire or USB. I have tried four disserent DV
cameras, none of them register. The ports are working as the PC does detect
mass storage devices and my digital camera.
Any ideas?
Many thanks,
Jeremy Denning
2 answers Last reply
More about camera detection port

    "JD" <JD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi there! I have encoutered a new problem. My PC is not detecting DV
    > video
    > cameras when connected by firewire or USB. I have tried four disserent DV
    > cameras, none of them register. The ports are working as the PC does
    > detect
    > mass storage devices and my digital camera.
    > Any ideas?
    > Many thanks,
    > Jeremy Denning

    What brand? It may be possible that XP doesn't have the default driver that
    will work with it. If you open Device Manager (with the camera plugged in),
    do you see an exclamation point shown in (probably) Other Devices? If so,
    then you'll need to find and use drivers specifically for that device. You
    either have it on an installation CD that may have come with the camera, or
    you can download/install it from the manufacturer's website.

    You did not state it but I would assume you turned the camera on and placed
    the camera in the PLAY mode when hooked up to the computer. Not all cameras
    will allow "pass through as a web cam", and will not show as a connected
    device simply by plugging them in.

    "JD" <JD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi there! I have encoutered a new problem. My PC is not detecting DV
    > video
    > cameras when connected by firewire or USB. I have tried four disserent DV
    > cameras, none of them register. The ports are working as the PC does
    > detect
    > mass storage devices and my digital camera.
    > Any ideas?
    > Many thanks,
    > Jeremy Denning

Detection Cameras USB Windows XP