K8N Neo4 Diamond SLI and PSU.

Hi,

I juste bought a 550W PSU, but it only has a 20 pin connector. Van this be
used with the MSI K8N Neo4 Diamond SLI board as long as I connect the PS-AUX
(12V) connector or will I have to order a new PSU when I order the MB? I
will only be using a single graphics card, not SLI mode.
The PSU I have does have -5V, the MSI web site states that this board
needs -5V (I assume it is for the Creative sound chip).
The reason I want to buy this board is that the dealer I use bundles it
complete with Wlan and Bluetooth and it has 6 SATAII ports.

Thanks in advance.

Harald wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I juste bought a 550W PSU, but it only has a 20 pin connector.
Van
> this be used with the MSI K8N Neo4 Diamond SLI board as long
as I
> connect the PS-AUX (12V) connector or will I have to order a
new
> PSU when I order the MB? I will only be using a single
graphics
> card, not SLI mode.
> The PSU I have does have -5V, the MSI web site states that
this
> board
> needs -5V (I assume it is for the Creative sound chip).
> The reason I want to buy this board is that the dealer I use
> bundles it complete with Wlan and Bluetooth and it has 6
SATAII
> ports.

The non SLI Neo4 board manual says you can install a 20 pin
cable into the 24 pin connector if you install it near the 'pin
1' end. In won't plug in any other way. The SLI board manual
doesn't say if you can use a 20 pin cable. To be safe I would
get a 20-24 pin adapter cable here:
http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/thsipusepsua.html

Too_Much_Coffee ®

---
Got GigaNews?
http://www.giganews.com/customer/gn26215

> Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the tip, but I live in Norway and I will try to get the adapters
locally.

Harald wrote:
> Thanks for the tip, but I live in Norway and I will try to get
the
> adapters locally.

If you get an adapter make sure it has wires to all 24 pins.
Some only have wires to 20 pins on the 24 pin connector.

TMC

nOm

Distinguished
May 29, 2003

Sidewinder will happily ship worldwide for a minimal cost - see their site
for more details. I'm in the UK, and I've used them a few times in the
past...