Philips CDR not recognized in XP SR2

When using Windows ME the Philips CDRW (pcrw804k17) was recognized and
working. However with a clean install of XP SR2, it does not recognize the
drive.
I tried going to the mfg. website and other "driver" website and am unable
to find a
driver to make the drive recognized. The CDRW did not come with a driver
disk.

Any suggestions are welcome.
4 answers Last reply
More about philips recognized

    Try the registry setting from the MS site:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320553

    If issue persists; try this.

    http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.php#problems

    Let us know if this helps.

    "Scott Siegel" <Scott Siegel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When using Windows ME the Philips CDRW (pcrw804k17) was recognized and
    > working. However with a clean install of XP SR2, it does not recognize
    > the
    > drive.
    > I tried going to the mfg. website and other "driver" website and am unable
    > to find a
    > driver to make the drive recognized. The CDRW did not come with a driver
    > disk.
    >
    > Any suggestions are welcome.

    I deleted the "upperkey", however there is no "lowerkey" so when I restarted
    XP it still did not recognize it.

    "Abhilash Tibrewal(MCSA)" wrote:

    > Try the registry setting from the MS site:
    >
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320553
    >
    > If issue persists; try this.
    >
    > http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.php#problems
    >
    > Let us know if this helps.
    >
    > "Scott Siegel" <Scott Siegel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > When using Windows ME the Philips CDRW (pcrw804k17) was recognized and
    > > working. However with a clean install of XP SR2, it does not recognize
    > > the
    > > drive.
    > > I tried going to the mfg. website and other "driver" website and am unable
    > > to find a
    > > driver to make the drive recognized. The CDRW did not come with a driver
    > > disk.
    > >
    > > Any suggestions are welcome.

    You may be "Outta Luck" as not all hardware manufacturer's will release new
    drivers when a new OS or a new SP for that matter is released, especially if
    the hardware is 2 or more years old. It is just not economical for them to
    "maintain" a driver for all OS/SP combinations for all hardware in their
    inventory.
    When on the manufacturer's site, did it say "certified for WinXP"? If so,
    did it also include XP SP1 or XP SP2?

    --
    Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your service!
    "Google is your Friend!"

    "Scott Siegel" <Scott Siegel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When using Windows ME the Philips CDRW (pcrw804k17) was recognized and
    > working. However with a clean install of XP SR2, it does not recognize
    the
    > drive.
    > I tried going to the mfg. website and other "driver" website and am unable
    > to find a
    > driver to make the drive recognized. The CDRW did not come with a driver
    > disk.
    >
    > Any suggestions are welcome.

    The Philips website doesn't even have drivers for any of their CDR's.

    "Admiral Q" wrote:

    > You may be "Outta Luck" as not all hardware manufacturer's will release new
    > drivers when a new OS or a new SP for that matter is released, especially if
    > the hardware is 2 or more years old. It is just not economical for them to
    > "maintain" a driver for all OS/SP combinations for all hardware in their
    > inventory.
    > When on the manufacturer's site, did it say "certified for WinXP"? If so,
    > did it also include XP SP1 or XP SP2?
    >
    > --
    > Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your service!
    > "Google is your Friend!"
    > www.google.com

    > "Scott Siegel" <Scott Siegel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > When using Windows ME the Philips CDRW (pcrw804k17) was recognized and
    > > working. However with a clean install of XP SR2, it does not recognize
    > the
    > > drive.
    > > I tried going to the mfg. website and other "driver" website and am unable
    > > to find a
    > > driver to make the drive recognized. The CDRW did not come with a driver
    > > disk.
    > >
    > > Any suggestions are welcome.

Philips Windows XP