Philips CDR not recognized in XP SR2

When using Windows ME the Philips CDRW (pcrw804k17) was recognized and
working. However with a clean install of XP SR2, it does not recognize the
drive.
I tried going to the mfg. website and other "driver" website and am unable
to find a
driver to make the drive recognized. The CDRW did not come with a driver
disk.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Try the registry setting from the MS site:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320553

If issue persists; try this.

http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.php#problems

Let us know if this helps.

"Scott Siegel" <Scott Siegel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When using Windows ME the Philips CDRW (pcrw804k17) was recognized and
> working. However with a clean install of XP SR2, it does not recognize
> the
> drive.
> I tried going to the mfg. website and other "driver" website and am unable
> to find a
> driver to make the drive recognized. The CDRW did not come with a driver
> disk.
>
> Any suggestions are welcome.

I deleted the "upperkey", however there is no "lowerkey" so when I restarted
XP it still did not recognize it.

"Abhilash Tibrewal(MCSA)" wrote:

> Try the registry setting from the MS site:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320553
>
> If issue persists; try this.
>
> http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.php#problems
>
> Let us know if this helps.
>
> "Scott Siegel" <Scott Siegel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When using Windows ME the Philips CDRW (pcrw804k17) was recognized and
> > working. However with a clean install of XP SR2, it does not recognize
> > the
> > drive.
> > I tried going to the mfg. website and other "driver" website and am unable
> > to find a
> > driver to make the drive recognized. The CDRW did not come with a driver
> > disk.
> >
> > Any suggestions are welcome.

You may be "Outta Luck" as not all hardware manufacturer's will release new
drivers when a new OS or a new SP for that matter is released, especially if
the hardware is 2 or more years old. It is just not economical for them to
"maintain" a driver for all OS/SP combinations for all hardware in their
inventory.
When on the manufacturer's site, did it say "certified for WinXP"? If so,
did it also include XP SP1 or XP SP2?

--
Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your service!
"Google is your Friend!"

"Scott Siegel" <Scott Siegel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When using Windows ME the Philips CDRW (pcrw804k17) was recognized and
> working. However with a clean install of XP SR2, it does not recognize
the
> drive.
> I tried going to the mfg. website and other "driver" website and am unable
> to find a
> driver to make the drive recognized. The CDRW did not come with a driver
> disk.
>
> Any suggestions are welcome.

The Philips website doesn't even have drivers for any of their CDR's.