On Board Lan - 10 or 100 Base T..

Hello all, I am about to change from my cable internet provider to the
telco provider. They have gone optical and are requesting my system be
capable of 100BaseT. They don't care whether it is through the onboard
connector or NIC. The owners manual doesn't state which this is only it
is a Via VT6103 Lan Controller. What do I have??? Another poster
suggested downloading the lan drivers from the Via website
unfortunately they only have the VT8235 or the Via Vt 6102 choices. I
have the 8235 as the Southbridge but no 6103 is listed. What now?? Any
help on these issues would be appreciated. Thanks!!

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 09:00:01 -0800, sjmorris2001@yahoo.com wrote:

> Hello all, I am about to change from my cable internet provider to the
> telco provider. They have gone optical and are requesting my system be
> capable of 100BaseT. They don't care whether it is through the onboard
> connector or NIC. The owners manual doesn't state which this is only it
> is a Via VT6103 Lan Controller. What do I have??? Another poster
> suggested downloading the lan drivers from the Via website
> unfortunately they only have the VT8235 or the Via Vt 6102 choices. I
> have the 8235 as the Southbridge but no 6103 is listed. What now?? Any
> help on these issues would be appreciated. Thanks!!

You have 100BaseT. I don't think I've ever heard of on-board 10BaseT,
since the last time I've heard of 10baseT even being manufactured it was
before network interfaces were routinely included on motherboards. I
don't think I've heard of 10baseT being manufactured in any device for at
least 4 or 5 years. Or more