K7N2 Delta-ILSR

I am experiencing some odd behaviour with my system:

K7N2 Delta-ILSR
Sapphire Radeon 9600 Pro Atlantis w/ Catalyst 5.2
Windows XP Profressional (all updates)

When playing either Age of Mythology or Neverwinter Nights - both with the
latest patches - the system will lock up solid anywhere from 5 minutes to 2
hours. The screen goes blank and I'm forced to reset the system. However,
I can play Far Cry (1024x768x32), or any other FPS, for hours without a
single hiccup in performance.

I have tried many different BIOS settings (Fastwrite, Aperature, etc.), to
no avail. I have searched google and I haven't come up with too many
results as to what could be causing the problem.

I hope someone here can help me put this to rest.
1 answer Last reply
More about k7n2 delta ilsr

    The problem may be due to the system failing under full cpu load or due to
    memory errors.
    You can do a full memory test with "memtest86" http://www.memtest.org/ - if
    it fails, try re-seating the memory stick/s
    To test the pc under full load, use "prime95"
    http://www.mersenne.org/freesoft.htm - it has an option for stress testing -
    while running it, try checking the pc temperatures with "motherboard
    monitor" http://mbm.livewiredev.com/ this will help determine if the
    cpu/case cooling is sufficient.

    Dave

    "Gilles Archer" <gilles.archer@telus.net> wrote in message
    >I am experiencing some odd behaviour with my system:
    >
    > K7N2 Delta-ILSR
    > Sapphire Radeon 9600 Pro Atlantis w/ Catalyst 5.2
    > Windows XP Profressional (all updates)
    >
    > When playing either Age of Mythology or Neverwinter Nights - both with the
    > latest patches - the system will lock up solid anywhere from 5 minutes to
    > 2 hours. The screen goes blank and I'm forced to reset the system.
    > However, I can play Far Cry (1024x768x32), or any other FPS, for hours
    > without a single hiccup in performance.
    >
    > I have tried many different BIOS settings (Fastwrite, Aperature, etc.), to
    > no avail. I have searched google and I haven't come up with too many
    > results as to what could be causing the problem.
    >
    > I hope someone here can help me put this to rest.

MSI-Microstar Motherboards