Jimmy

Hi,
I have a copmputer with a Asus A7V333 motherboard woth built in sound. I
also have a Sound Blaster Audigry Card.
I did not get any sound from my SB card even though i updated with the
latest drivers. (there's only very distorted sound coming from the digital
out, none in the headphone)
I decided to revove the card to get sound from the built in, but it doesn't
seem to recocnize it. In sound settings it says there's no sound device.

Please help

BIOS needs to be configured to use the card desired.

"Jimmy" <Jimmy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Hi,
| I have a copmputer with a Asus A7V333 motherboard woth
built in sound. I
| also have a Sound Blaster Audigry Card.
| I did not get any sound from my SB card even though i
updated with the
| latest drivers. (there's only very distorted sound coming
from the digital
| out, none in the headphone)
| I decided to revove the card to get sound from the built
in, but it doesn't
| seem to recocnize it. In sound settings it says there's no
sound device.

| Please help

Check whether the in-built sound chip is detected by Windows. Go to
Start>Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager. The sound card may be
shown as a PCI Multimedia Audio device.

If there is no such entry either in Unknown devices or Sound Controllers,
the in-built sound may be disable in BIOS or via a jumper setting.

If there is an entry but drivers have not been installed, you need to
install the audio drivers. The audio drivers can be found on the motherboard
CD as the sound chip is on-board.

While troubleshooting the in-built sound, it is best to keep the Sound
Blaster Audigy Card detached from the system.