Epson Stylus 740 margin error

Barry

Hi

I'm trying to print straightforward 4x6 photos using my Stylus 740
onto 4x6 photo paper.

I've tried HP & Kodak papers - they are what they say on the tin as
far as I can see.

The problem is that there is always an extra margin along the left
hand side of the print (ie picture pushed towards the middle of the
printer) causing clipping - about 1/4 of an inch.

I have really played with the settings & have tried printing from 3
different applications including Photoshop 7, in which I notice that
the margin settings are greyed out.

It looks like it's a printer thing, or is it some obscure Windows
setting? I'm using Windows 98. I'm not generally a newbie but haven't
tried printing photos this way before.

I'd appreciate any help or suggestions, thanks!

Barry.

Barry

Hi ! I said:

>I'm trying to print straightforward 4x6 photos using my Stylus 740
>onto 4x6 photo paper.

For the record - no one responded - it was a paper/ printer issue.
*Epson* 4x6 paper has an extra perforated margin on the sides as well
as the ends as do the others. This caused the offset. My simple
solution is to print custon paper 6x4 after rotating the images. Best
work around beyond spending a fortune on more paper.

I post in the hope that this may be of use to someone some time.

Barry.