Removing Shortcut

July 16, 2004 5:53:07 PM

Hi

I have an iPaq 2210 running PPC2003. I have just uninstalled Pocketstreets
2001, and changed it for Pocketstreets 2004, which seems to work fine. The
problem is I cannot remove the shortcut to the previous Pocketstreet on the
Start Menu, and the new Pocketstreet Icon is just a default icon, no
picture.

Any ideas how to resolve this.

Many thanks in advance.

Nik.

Remove S P A M K I L L From my Email address to reply to me Directly
P4 3.2 / 512MB Samsung 400mhz PC3200 RAM/ 200GB Maxtor SATA
Sony DVD RW / Sony CD/RW / Logitech MX700 / Viewsonic VE710b TFT
WIN XP Home SP1 / Creative I-Trigue 3200 / Asus P4P800SE MoBo

More about : removing shortcut

Anonymous
July 16, 2004 5:53:08 PM

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 13:53:07 +0000 (UTC), Nik
<nik.walmsleySPAMKILL@btinternet.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have an iPaq 2210 running PPC2003. I have just uninstalled
> Pocketstreets
> 2001, and changed it for Pocketstreets 2004, which seems to work fine.
> The
> problem is I cannot remove the shortcut to the previous Pocketstreet on
> the
> Start Menu, and the new Pocketstreet Icon is just a default icon, no
> picture.
>
> Any ideas how to resolve this.
>
> Many thanks in advance.
>
> Nik.

Hi Nik,

I have a walkthrough on how to do this here:
http://tinyurl.com/34aps

Hope this helps
Brad

--
Brad Isaac
editor, www.pocketpcaddict.com

"Nik" <nik.walmsleySPAMKILL@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I have an iPaq 2210 running PPC2003. I have just uninstalled Pocketstreets
> 2001, and changed it for Pocketstreets 2004, which seems to work fine. The
> problem is I cannot remove the shortcut to the previous Pocketstreet on
the
> Start Menu, and the new Pocketstreet Icon is just a default icon, no
> picture.
>
> Any ideas how to resolve this.
>
> Many thanks in advance.
>
> Nik.

In file explorer go to Windows/Start Menu- the programs that appear on the
menu when you press the start button are in that folder. Just delete any
link there.
If you then look in the programs there will be a shortcut there if it is in
the programs list on your startup menu. Delete that too.
Related resources
July 17, 2004 7:17:07 PM

Thanks guys, but that didn't sort it out.

My problem is a little more complicated than that.

When I tap the Start Button, I am faced with list of programs, from "Today",
down to "Games", "Word" etc. One of theses is Pocket streets. It has a "Bad"
icon next to it (the blue and white one) and if I tap it it reports that the
program, or one of its' components is missing. If I try to remove it it
won't delete. If I go through explorer and navigate to the shortcut in the
Windows/stratup/programs directory, again I see all the icons, but THIS
time, the pocket streets icon is fine, and when I tap it it opens the
program successfully.

This is further complicated by the fact there is only one icon within the
main prgrams screen, and I do not have the program anymore to re-install!

Any more ideas?

Thanks.

Nik.

"AlanS" <news@remove.abyz.fslife.co.uk> wrote in message

> "Nik" <nik.walmsleySPAMKILL@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> >
> > I have an iPaq 2210 running PPC2003. I have just uninstalled
Pocketstreets
> > 2001, and changed it for Pocketstreets 2004, which seems to work fine.
The
> > problem is I cannot remove the shortcut to the previous Pocketstreet on
> the
> > Start Menu, and the new Pocketstreet Icon is just a default icon, no
> > picture.
> >
> > Any ideas how to resolve this.
> >
> > Many thanks in advance.
> >
> > Nik.
> >

> In file explorer go to Windows/Start Menu- the programs that appear on the
> menu when you press the start button are in that folder. Just delete any
> link there.
> If you then look in the programs there will be a shortcut there if it is
in
> the programs list on your startup menu. Delete that too.

Anonymous
July 17, 2004 7:17:08 PM

use pocket file explorer to navigate to

\windows\start menu

You will see a list of shortcuts in that directory that relate to most
of the entries on the start menu.

find the shortcut you want to delete, tap/hold the shortcut and select
delete.

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]
Anonymous
July 18, 2004 12:13:30 AM

Try a soft reset, then go into Settings/System/Memory/running programs tab
and make sure you have nothing running- close anything down that is running.
This should allow you to delete the files.
Then in settings/menus/Start Menu tab remove the tick from the it if there.
Next go to file explorer Windows/Start Menu/Programs- the programs that
appear on the
menu when you press the start button and look in the program folder are
there. Just delete any
link there.
Now you won't have any link to the program, so just add a new one. Go to the
file that you know works and copy it using file explorer. Now move back to
the menu position in file explorer (as above- Windows/Start Menu/Programs)
and choose paste shortcut from the edit menu on the bottom. This places a
shortcut to your working program in the menu.

> Thanks guys, but that didn't sort it out.
>
> My problem is a little more complicated than that.
>
> When I tap the Start Button, I am faced with list of programs, from
"Today",
> down to "Games", "Word" etc. One of theses is Pocket streets. It has a
"Bad"
> icon next to it (the blue and white one) and if I tap it it reports that
the
> program, or one of its' components is missing. If I try to remove it it
> won't delete. If I go through explorer and navigate to the shortcut in the
> Windows/stratup/programs directory, again I see all the icons, but THIS
> time, the pocket streets icon is fine, and when I tap it it opens the
> program successfully.
>
> This is further complicated by the fact there is only one icon within the
> main prgrams screen, and I do not have the program anymore to re-install!
>
> Any more ideas?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Nik.
>
> "AlanS" <news@remove.abyz.fslife.co.uk> wrote in message
> >
> > "Nik" <nik.walmsleySPAMKILL@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > I have an iPaq 2210 running PPC2003. I have just uninstalled
> Pocketstreets
> > > 2001, and changed it for Pocketstreets 2004, which seems to work fine.
> The
> > > problem is I cannot remove the shortcut to the previous Pocketstreet
on
> > the
> > > Start Menu, and the new Pocketstreet Icon is just a default icon, no
> > > picture.
> > >
> > > Any ideas how to resolve this.
> > >
> > > Many thanks in advance.
> > >
> > > Nik.
> > >

> > In file explorer go to Windows/Start Menu- the programs that appear on
the
> > menu when you press the start button are in that folder. Just delete any
> > link there.
> > If you then look in the programs there will be a shortcut there if it is
> in
> > the programs list on your startup menu. Delete that too.

July 18, 2004 11:40:23 PM

Yep. That got it sorted. Many thanks.

!