Microsoft Fingerprint Reader

Ever since I had to use the recovery disk on my computer my fingerprint
reader software will not work. It worked fine on my computer before, and it
now works fine on another computer in my house, but not mine. After
installing the software and restarting, the fingerprint registration wizard
is supposed to automatically start up. I have even tried to click the icons
and use Run to start the program, but nothing has worked. The program starts
to run because the mouse pointer keeps turning back and forth from pointer to
hourglass and my system runs alot slower than normal. Also, when I go to log
off or restart the End Now program starts up telling me it has to end the
program, and unless I click End Now it just sits there and will not go away.
All take any advice anyone is willing to give. Thanks!!!

I really do not know how to solve it.
But just the same, I would run Chkdsk.
One never knows.

news: 5E77CA48-CD31-4A31-B617-3A23066F3B7F@microsoft.com...

"Bela535" <Bela535@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

> Ever since I had to use the recovery disk on my computer
> my fingerprint
> reader software will not work. It worked fine on my
> computer before, and it
> now works fine on another computer in my house, but not
> mine. After

Are both computers at the same stage of Windows updating? Is
SP2 installed on your computer, for example? (The
fingerprint reader connects via a USB port and SP2 makes
changes in that.)

Check the MS Mouse and Keyboard Support page and see if you
can find a solution there:
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/support/pss.mspx

--
Bob

Kanyak's Doghouse
http://www.kanyak.com

Since your computer slows down considerably while running the software, it
is possible that some background software is causing the issue. Perform
"msconfig" to disable all background software temporarily.

1. Click Start and select Run.
2. Type MSConfig and press Enter.
3. Click the Startup tab.
4. Click Disable All
5. Click OK.
6. Restart the system.

If you are getting a message "System Configuration Utility you are using the
selective startup for troubleshooting your system", I suggest you check the
check box in that window and click OK. This occurs if you are using the
Selective startup option and not using the normal startup to reduce the
number of startup programs.

If still the software does not work, uninstall and reinstall the software
following the manufacturer's instructions.

"Bela535" <Bela535@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ever since I had to use the recovery disk on my computer my fingerprint
> reader software will not work. It worked fine on my computer before, and
> it
> now works fine on another computer in my house, but not mine. After
> installing the software and restarting, the fingerprint registration
> wizard
> is supposed to automatically start up. I have even tried to click the
> icons
> and use Run to start the program, but nothing has worked. The program
> starts
> to run because the mouse pointer keeps turning back and forth from pointer
> hourglass and my system runs alot slower than normal. Also, when I go to
> log
> off or restart the End Now program starts up telling me it has to end the
> program, and unless I click End Now it just sits there and will not go
> away.
> All take any advice anyone is willing to give. Thanks!!!

Yes, both computers are running on Windows XP SP2