Verifying DMI pool data... Error loading operating system

Hi,

I have QDI mainboard with Celeron 1100MHz, ATI vga, 3com NIC and 256MB Ram
and Toshiba CDRom.
The thing is that when I try to install the windows XP on the very new hard
drive I get this: Verifying DMI pool data... Error loading operating system
than the system stops.

Before the very new hardrive there was a HDD with Linux system installed and
it worked fine.

The new HDD is Maxtor 60GB.

The HDD is not broken, when inserted into the other system it works fine.
When I insert the old HDD that had been inserted in the system before I can
boot normally.
That's why I think the BIOS is OK. It just can not to unload the old
settings or something like this...

I have already tried the reset of the CMOS but didn't help me either.

Please help me to manage the problem...

Michal Blasko
Running Computers
1 answer Last reply
More about verifying pool data error loading operating system

    Some additional information required:

    1. Is the new hard drive bootable and are you trying to boot from the hard
    disk?
    2. "when I try to install the windows XP on the very new hard drive I get
    this", how are you trying ? Are you trying to boot from a bootable CD?

    "Miko Deblasco" <miko@rcomputers.sk> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have QDI mainboard with Celeron 1100MHz, ATI vga, 3com NIC and 256MB Ram
    > and Toshiba CDRom.
    > The thing is that when I try to install the windows XP on the very new
    > hard
    > drive I get this: Verifying DMI pool data... Error loading operating
    > system
    > than the system stops.
    >
    > Before the very new hardrive there was a HDD with Linux system installed
    > and
    > it worked fine.
    >
    > The new HDD is Maxtor 60GB.
    >
    > The HDD is not broken, when inserted into the other system it works fine.
    > When I insert the old HDD that had been inserted in the system before I
    > can
    > boot normally.
    > That's why I think the BIOS is OK. It just can not to unload the old
    > settings or something like this...
    >
    > I have already tried the reset of the CMOS but didn't help me either.
    >
    > Please help me to manage the problem...
    >
    > Michal Blasko
    > Running Computers

Hard Drives Windows XP