Event ID: 2
Date: 03/08/2005
Time: 3:22:29 PM
User: N/A
Computer: TONY-MAIN-PC
The description for Event ID ( 2 ) in Source ( Flpydisk ) cannot be found.
The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or
message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be
able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and
Support for details. The following information is part of the event:
\Device\Floppy0.
Data:
0000: 00 00 00 00 01 00 5a 00 ......Z.
0008: 02 00 00 00 02 00 07 c0 .......À
0010: 00 00 00 00 13 00 00 c0 .......À
0018: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........

--
Tony

TM wrote:
| I am getting strange errors in Event Viewer for the floppy disk. The
| drive works fine so I am not sure what is going on.
|
| Here is the information from the Event Log:
| Event Type: Error
| Event Source: Flpydisk
| Event Category: Disk
| Event ID: 2
| Date: 03/08/2005
| Time: 3:22:29 PM
| User: N/A
| Computer: TONY-MAIN-PC
| The description for Event ID ( 2 ) in Source ( Flpydisk ) cannot be
| found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry
| information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote
| computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve
| this description; see Help and Support for details. The following
| information is part of the event: \Device\Floppy0.

Try the links below

In Win XP Will not read floppy drives or diskettes.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;282470

Floppy will not format under Win XP

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;140060&Product=win2000

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;140060

I think this is the 'current' hardware compatibility link for x86 and
caution,
if that's a new dell box, dell aint too good on following 'industry
standard'
PC clone rules. The biggest problems are usually in the video card and
(you've learned this) scsi or ata disk controller. try at first:

http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/hcl/

Cause 1: This error can be caused if the Drive Image 2002 virtual floppy
files have been compressed by Windows XP. (The "Disk Cleanup" feature in
Windows XP has an option to compress files on NTFS partitions if those
files have not been accessed for a specific amount of time.) When Drive
Image reboots to true DOS mode to perform an imaging task, it is unable
to find the virtual floppy files it needs to perform the task since DOS
cannot access files that Windows XP has compressed.