HDD understatement

carlos

Distinguished
May 5, 2002

oki, heres the scoop, i had a 60 primary HDD and a 20 secondary, the 20 has
kicked the bucket, so i got a shiny new 160. This is now my new primary, and
the 60 is my secondary, only problem is, When i started installing windows it
thought my 160 gig was a 127 gig. So everything is now jim crackin dandy bar
the fact that somehow ive lost 33 gig. any ideas anyone?

Thx, Carlos

You need to update the BIOS to use a single partition
greater than 127 GB. Also you need SP1 or SP2.

Format NTFS.

"Carlos" <Carlos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| oki, heres the scoop, i had a 60 primary HDD and a 20
secondary, the 20 has
| kicked the bucket, so i got a shiny new 160. This is now
my new primary, and
| the 60 is my secondary, only problem is, When i started
installing windows it
| thought my 160 gig was a 127 gig. So everything is now jim
crackin dandy bar
| the fact that somehow ive lost 33 gig. any ideas anyone?
|
| Thx, Carlos

"Carlos" <Carlos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| oki, heres the scoop, i had a 60 primary HDD and a 20 secondary, the 20
has
| kicked the bucket, so i got a shiny new 160. This is now my new primary,
and
| the 60 is my secondary, only problem is, When i started installing windows
it
| thought my 160 gig was a 127 gig. So everything is now jim crackin dandy
bar
| the fact that somehow ive lost 33 gig. any ideas anyone?
|
| Thx, Carlos

I have a drive that is larger than 137 GB but the operating system only
recognizes 128 GB or 137 GB. How can I fix this?

http://maxtor.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/maxtor.cfg/php/enduser/olh_adp.php?p_faqid=960

Why can I only see 127 to 137 GBytes of my 160+ GB drive in Windows XP?

http://www.seagate.com/support/kb/disc/faq/137_winxp.html

I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
I was just trying to help.
advice herein.
No warranty is expressed or implied.
Your mileage may vary.
See store for details. :)

Remove shoes to E-mail.

You are using the original XP version to install the new hard drive. You
need to use XP with SP1, or SP 2, slipstrreamed into the install process
oin order to format the hard drives with larger than 127GB capacity.