I updated to windows xp a while ago and have not been able to use my 3 1/2
floppy since. I also put in a new hard drive at the same time as the update.
Is there a file I need to download or something??

Make sure the floppy drive has the cables correctly connected. Since you
changed the hard drive, you may have disconnected the floppy drive cable, by
accident.

Also check to see if the floppy drive is shown in the BIOS.

Daavidge Wrote:
> I updated to windows xp a while ago and have not been able to use my 3
> 1/2
> floppy since. I also put in a new hard drive at the same time as the
> update.
> Is there a file I need to download or something??

No Drivers needed. But you may want to look in your bios (press del or
F2 on boot-up) to see if the floppy drive is indeed enabled throughout
the bios settings.
Check your user manual if your not sure.
Check the physical connectors for the floppy.
Good Luck,
Treeman

--
Treeman