I have recently built my new pc and all is well! But i am yet to install the
drivers supplyed with my motherboard. I have installed the on-bored LAN etc
but what advantages do i get from installing the chipset drivers??

Cheers,

Alex

Chipset drivers will/should give you:

1) AGP slot drivers -- allows the correct speed for the AGP slot (2x, 4x,
8x) to be reported back to XP

2) Ultra DMA IDE drivers -- Gives you the correct IDE drivers so that
Ultra DMA speeds can be active. May also give correct SATA drivers (???)

3) IRQ controls -- Allows the correct IRQ sharing to occur

4) USB drivers

"alexbax" <alexbax@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have recently built my new pc and all is well! But i am yet to install
>the
> drivers supplyed with my motherboard. I have installed the on-bored LAN
> etc
> but what advantages do i get from installing the chipset drivers??
>
> Cheers,
>
> Alex

Why on earth wouldn't you want to install the drivers for all of the
on-board services?.. the motherboard is where the whole game is enacted..
get it wrong here, and how can you hope for anything to work properly..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"alexbax" <alexbax@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have recently built my new pc and all is well! But i am yet to install
>the
> drivers supplyed with my motherboard. I have installed the on-bored LAN
> etc
> but what advantages do i get from installing the chipset drivers??
>
> Cheers,
>
> Alex

I dont have the drivers installed because when i did install them windows
wouldn't boot, so i removed them! But everything DOES work properly and has
done for months without the drivers!
I'm going to get the latest drivers etc and try again tho!

Cheers,

Alex

"Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Why on earth wouldn't you want to install the drivers for all of the
> on-board services?.. the motherboard is where the whole game is enacted..
> get it wrong here, and how can you hope for anything to work properly..
>
> --
> Mike Hall
> MVP - Windows Shell/user
>
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>

> "alexbax" <alexbax@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have recently built my new pc and all is well! But i am yet to install
> >the
> > drivers supplyed with my motherboard. I have installed the on-bored LAN
> > etc
> > but what advantages do i get from installing the chipset drivers??
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Alex

Get the correct drivers. Some motherbaord mix and match different
components.

>I dont have the drivers installed because when i did install them windows
> wouldn't boot, so i removed them! But everything DOES work properly and
> has
> done for months without the drivers!
> I'm going to get the latest drivers etc and try again tho!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Alex
>

> "Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
>> Why on earth wouldn't you want to install the drivers for all of the
>> on-board services?.. the motherboard is where the whole game is enacted..
>> get it wrong here, and how can you hope for anything to work properly..
>>
>> --
>> Mike Hall
>> MVP - Windows Shell/user
>>
>> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>>

>> "alexbax" <alexbax@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have recently built my new pc and all is well! But i am yet to install
>> >the
>> > drivers supplyed with my motherboard. I have installed the on-bored LAN
>> > etc
>> > but what advantages do i get from installing the chipset drivers??
>> >
>> > Cheers,
>> >
>> > Alex

Thanks for your response! I've managed to find the correct drivers and all
seems well!

Alex