K8N Freezes when using PCIe GFX

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
March 29, 2005 1:39:14 AM

Build a new system with K8N SLI motherboard, AMD 64 3200+, Chill Innovation
510W PSU with 20 pin - tried with a 20-24 pin converter - no difference.
My problem is that when i use a PCIe GFX card the system freezes randomly,
tried 2 different cards. An Asus X600XT Extreme and Leadtek 6600GT Extreme,
but problem is the same. I have an old PCI Radeon 7000 GFX and with this,
the computer runs perfect.
Both CPU and motherboard has been changed to a new one - didn't help.

Have installed newest graphic driver and Nforce driver. Tried both 3.0 and
3.1 motherboard bios. Changed HTT to 800, PCIe to 90 (clock generator).

Can it really be my PSU which causes the problem?

HELP!!
TiM :(

More about : k8n freezes pcie gfx

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 10, 2005 7:00:54 PM

Yes, definately try a new or other PSU. 400W and up should test it well.
Also try bios default and back off on high settings for video. Check the mem
settings in bios and reduce the settings or set to auto.

!