Sound and video poor synchronisation

When I play games or run a Drector movie etc. the video does not keep up with
the sound; even on a short clip it can be several seconds behind.

GeForce FX 5200 128 Meg and 5.1 sound; XP Pro /SP2

It's quite annoying and if htere's a fix I qwould like to know....

TIA

Start, Run..., "DxDiag.exe"

Report any problems noted. Update to DX9.0c if you haven't already.
List of relevant hardware in the machine.
Latest hardware and software updates applied?

r.

"Repiano" <Repiano@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I play games or run a Drector movie etc. the video does not keep up
> with
> the sound; even on a short clip it can be several seconds behind.
>
> GeForce FX 5200 128 Meg and 5.1 sound; XP Pro /SP2
>
> It's quite annoying and if htere's a fix I qwould like to know....
>
> TIA

Appears to be a woefully under powered PC for the purpose given the
amount of stuff usually running in the background.

Repiano wrote:

> When I play games or run a Drector movie etc. the video does not keep up with
> the sound; even on a short clip it can be several seconds behind.
>
> GeForce FX 5200 128 Meg and 5.1 sound; XP Pro /SP2
>
> It's quite annoying and if htere's a fix I qwould like to know....
>
> TIA

Athlon 64 3000+ (overclocked) with 1 Gig Ram is not what I would call a
"woefully underpowered" PC

"Bob I" wrote:

> Appears to be a woefully under powered PC for the purpose given the
> amount of stuff usually running in the background.
>
> Repiano wrote:
>
> > When I play games or run a Drector movie etc. the video does not keep up with
> > the sound; even on a short clip it can be several seconds behind.
> >
> > GeForce FX 5200 128 Meg and 5.1 sound; XP Pro /SP2
> >
> > It's quite annoying and if there's a fix I would like to know....
> >
> > TIA

Thanks - good advice; but DxDiag reports no problems and Dx is a 9.0c

"namniar" wrote:

> Start, Run..., "DxDiag.exe"
>
> Report any problems noted. Update to DX9.0c if you haven't already.
> List of relevant hardware in the machine.
> Latest hardware and software updates applied?
>
> r.
>
> "Repiano" <Repiano@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I play games or run a Drector movie etc. the video does not keep up
> > with
> > the sound; even on a short clip it can be several seconds behind.
> >
> > GeForce FX 5200 128 Meg and 5.1 sound; XP Pro /SP2
> >
> > It's quite annoying and if htere's a fix I qwould like to know....
> >
> > TIA

Is overclocking the problem?

P.S. I have no experience in that.

> Athlon 64 3000+ (overclocked) with 1 Gig Ram is not what I would call a
> "woefully underpowered" PC
>
> "Bob I" wrote:
>
>> Appears to be a woefully under powered PC for the purpose given the
>> amount of stuff usually running in the background.
>>
>> Repiano wrote:
>>
>> > When I play games or run a Drector movie etc. the video does not keep
>> > up with
>> > the sound; even on a short clip it can be several seconds behind.
>> >
>> > GeForce FX 5200 128 Meg and 5.1 sound; XP Pro /SP2
>> >
>> > It's quite annoying and if there's a fix I would like to know....
>> >
>> > TIA

Good thought, but no. It gives problems without o/c also. Thanks

"namniar" wrote:

> Is overclocking the problem?
>
> P.S. I have no experience in that.
>
> r.
>
> "repiano" <repiano@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Athlon 64 3000+ (overclocked) with 1 Gig Ram is not what I would call a
> > "woefully underpowered" PC
> >
> > "Bob I" wrote:
> >
> >> Appears to be a woefully under powered PC for the purpose given the
> >> amount of stuff usually running in the background.

Thats more like it compared to what one would read into the original
listing of specs. Does DXdiag give any indication of problems?