K8N Neo2 Platinum Memory Timings

K8N Neo2 Platinum
BIOS v1.4
2x512 Kingston HyperX 3200 DDR 400 in dual channel
Athlon 3500+
WinXP Pro SP2

My post screen shows the following memory timings:

tcl: 2.5
trcd: 3
tras: 8
trp: 3
T2 memory timing
200 MHz memory clock

Are these the optimum settings for this hardware?

Mike

Splendid

>K8N Neo2 Platinum
>BIOS v1.4
>2x512 Kingston HyperX 3200 DDR 400 in dual channel
>Athlon 3500+
>WinXP Pro SP2
>
>My post screen shows the following memory timings:
>
>tcl: 2.5
>trcd: 3
>tras: 8
>trp: 3
>T2 memory timing
>200 MHz memory clock
>
>Are these the optimum settings for this hardware?

You can leave most as they are, but there is a big performance boost if your
memory can run using T1 instead of 2 ticks, the gains with the others are small
and not worth changing but that T2 definitely is worth changing to 1.

Mike.

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 20:41:11 GMT, Mike <dy73ui39aHe5@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>>K8N Neo2 Platinum
>>BIOS v1.4
>>2x512 Kingston HyperX 3200 DDR 400 in dual channel
>>Athlon 3500+
>>WinXP Pro SP2
>>
>>My post screen shows the following memory timings:
>>
>>tcl: 2.5
>>trcd: 3
>>tras: 8
>>trp: 3
>>T2 memory timing
>>200 MHz memory clock
>>
>>Are these the optimum settings for this hardware?
>>

>You can leave most as they are, but there is a big performance boost if your
>memory can run using T1 instead of 2 ticks, the gains with the others are small
>and not worth changing but that T2 definitely is worth changing to 1.
>
>Mike.

Go to: http://www.corsairmemory.com/ and look on the first page for a
..pdf file called "Latency Settings Explained". It's a good write-up
on how the different timings affect performance.

>>>tcl: 2.5
>>>trcd: 3
>>>tras: 8
>>>trp: 3
>>>T2 memory timing
>>>

>>You can leave most as they are, but there is a big performance boost if
>>your
>>memory can run using T1 instead of 2 ticks, the gains with the others are
>>small
>>and not worth changing but that T2 definitely is worth changing to 1.
>>
>>Mike.
>
> Go to: http://www.corsairmemory.com/ and look on the first page for a
> .pdf file called "Latency Settings Explained". It's a good write-up
> on how the different timings affect performance.

Thanks, Mike and Folk. I changed my CAS latency to 2 and the memory timing
to 1T. Things seem a tad snappier now, but could be my imagination. I guess
I should have run a benchmark.

Spajky

On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 10:32:04 -0400, "David Billo" <dbillo@sympatico.ca>
wrote:

>Thanks, Mike and Folk. I changed my CAS latency to 2 and the memory timing
>to 1T. Things seem a tad snappier now, but could be my imagination. I guess
>I should have run a benchmark.

yes, use WinRAR´s built in benchmark & check others results on my site
under comp/benches -updated ...

--
˛˛ ˛˛ Regards , SPAJKY ®
\\.//_. mail addr. @ my site @ http://www.spajky.vze.com
|| "Tualatin OC-ed / BX-Slot1 / inaudible setup!"

minotaur

Got some good info on your site.

Been wondering why anything between 1.6 to 1.7VCore was HOT and
1.7+VCore was COOLER. This is on an A64-4000+, now running stable @
2600Mhz *8D Honestly no noticable difference, going to drop it back to
2500Mhz 1.57VCore later on I think.

I knew it had to be a thermal thing! *8D Stumped me till I had seen your
post got me thinking, Cheers!

Minotaur (8*