K8N Neo2 Platinum Memory Timings

K8N Neo2 Platinum
BIOS v1.4
2x512 Kingston HyperX 3200 DDR 400 in dual channel
Athlon 3500+
WinXP Pro SP2

My post screen shows the following memory timings:

tcl: 2.5
trcd: 3
tras: 8
trp: 3
T2 memory timing
200 MHz memory clock

Are these the optimum settings for this hardware?
5 answers Last reply
More about neo2 platinum memory timings

    >K8N Neo2 Platinum
    >BIOS v1.4
    >2x512 Kingston HyperX 3200 DDR 400 in dual channel
    >Athlon 3500+
    >WinXP Pro SP2
    >
    >My post screen shows the following memory timings:
    >
    >tcl: 2.5
    >trcd: 3
    >tras: 8
    >trp: 3
    >T2 memory timing
    >200 MHz memory clock
    >
    >Are these the optimum settings for this hardware?

    You can leave most as they are, but there is a big performance boost if your
    memory can run using T1 instead of 2 ticks, the gains with the others are small
    and not worth changing but that T2 definitely is worth changing to 1.

    Mike.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 20:41:11 GMT, Mike <dy73ui39aHe5@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >>K8N Neo2 Platinum
    >>BIOS v1.4
    >>2x512 Kingston HyperX 3200 DDR 400 in dual channel
    >>Athlon 3500+
    >>WinXP Pro SP2
    >>
    >>My post screen shows the following memory timings:
    >>
    >>tcl: 2.5
    >>trcd: 3
    >>tras: 8
    >>trp: 3
    >>T2 memory timing
    >>200 MHz memory clock
    >>
    >>Are these the optimum settings for this hardware?
    >>

    >You can leave most as they are, but there is a big performance boost if your
    >memory can run using T1 instead of 2 ticks, the gains with the others are small
    >and not worth changing but that T2 definitely is worth changing to 1.
    >
    >Mike.

    Go to: http://www.corsairmemory.com/ and look on the first page for a
    ..pdf file called "Latency Settings Explained". It's a good write-up
    on how the different timings affect performance.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    >>>tcl: 2.5
    >>>trcd: 3
    >>>tras: 8
    >>>trp: 3
    >>>T2 memory timing
    >>>

    >>You can leave most as they are, but there is a big performance boost if
    >>your
    >>memory can run using T1 instead of 2 ticks, the gains with the others are
    >>small
    >>and not worth changing but that T2 definitely is worth changing to 1.
    >>
    >>Mike.
    >
    > Go to: http://www.corsairmemory.com/ and look on the first page for a
    > .pdf file called "Latency Settings Explained". It's a good write-up
    > on how the different timings affect performance.

    Thanks, Mike and Folk. I changed my CAS latency to 2 and the memory timing
    to 1T. Things seem a tad snappier now, but could be my imagination. I guess
    I should have run a benchmark.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 10:32:04 -0400, "David Billo" <dbillo@sympatico.ca>
    wrote:

    >Thanks, Mike and Folk. I changed my CAS latency to 2 and the memory timing
    >to 1T. Things seem a tad snappier now, but could be my imagination. I guess
    >I should have run a benchmark.

    yes, use WinRAR´s built in benchmark & check others results on my site
    under comp/benches -updated ...

    --
    ˛˛ ˛˛ Regards , SPAJKY ®
    \\.//_. mail addr. @ my site @ http://www.spajky.vze.com
    || "Tualatin OC-ed / BX-Slot1 / inaudible setup!"
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    Got some good info on your site.

    Been wondering why anything between 1.6 to 1.7VCore was HOT and
    1.7+VCore was COOLER. This is on an A64-4000+, now running stable @
    2600Mhz *8D Honestly no noticable difference, going to drop it back to
    2500Mhz 1.57VCore later on I think.

    I knew it had to be a thermal thing! *8D Stumped me till I had seen your
    post got me thinking, Cheers!

    Minotaur (8*

    Spajky wrote:
    > On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 10:32:04 -0400, "David Billo" <dbillo@sympatico.ca>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>Thanks, Mike and Folk. I changed my CAS latency to 2 and the memory timing
    >>to 1T. Things seem a tad snappier now, but could be my imagination. I guess
    >>I should have run a benchmark.
    >

    > yes, use WinRAR´s built in benchmark & check others results on my site
    > under comp/benches -updated ...

MSI-Microstar Platinum Memory Motherboards