I need help finding the right memory chip for my pc

Im trying to add more memory to my pc (E-Machines T2862), and not sure which
type to get. I know its PC2700, but, there are many different kinds, meaning
some are different pin counts and such. The emachines web site gave me no
help, so maybe someone can help me out here....thanks

Richard

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"vicious_kitty" <viciouskitty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Im trying to add more memory to my pc (E-Machines T2862), and not sure
> which
> type to get. I know its PC2700, but, there are many different kinds,
> meaning
> some are different pin counts and such. The emachines web site gave me no
> help, so maybe someone can help me out here....thanks

Go to Crucial.com

JustMe

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2003

"vicious_kitty" <viciouskitty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Im trying to add more memory to my pc (E-Machines T2862), and not sure which
type to get. I know its PC2700, but, there are many different kinds, meaning
some are different pin counts and such. The emachines web site gave me no
help, so maybe someone can help me out here....thanks

After you find out the type you need from crucial.com as the others have
suggested, go to best buy, circuit city, compusa and pick up the same type
of memory at probably half what crucial will charge you. I've installed the
plain vanilla type in several emachines and they work just fine.

bar

Download Everest Home Edition: it's free.

Intsall it and then navigate to Memory and SPD.

This will provide a full description Make / Model / Size etc of you existing
memory.

Now with the detailled specification of your existing Memory Module you
can confidently buy a compatible module.

"JustMe" wrote:

> "vicious_kitty" <viciouskitty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Im trying to add more memory to my pc (E-Machines T2862), and not sure which
> type to get. I know its PC2700, but, there are many different kinds, meaning
> some are different pin counts and such. The emachines web site gave me no
> help, so maybe someone can help me out here....thanks
>
> After you find out the type you need from crucial.com as the others have
> suggested, go to best buy, circuit city, compusa and pick up the same type
> of memory at probably half what crucial will charge you. I've installed the
> plain vanilla type in several emachines and they work just fine.

TRENDING THREADS