  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
April 4, 2005 4:16:51 AM

My setup is:

MSI K8N Neo4 SLI
X800 pro
Corsair 512 RAM
1 SATA Hitachi 250GB
1 IDE DVD Drive

I can not boot from the SATA drive after I install WinXP. I changed
the 1st boot drive to CD-ROM for installation and then changed back
to Hard Drive, after that I get "No Boot Device....". The strange
thing is that if I change 1st boot drive to CD-ROM (only if WinXP CD
is in the drive) and 2nd boot drive to Hard Drive, then WinXP will
load from SATA drive and everything is ok.

I need help on this one? Does anyone had this problem before? How to
solve it? A specific BIOS setting?

Thanks

More about : neo4 sli sata boot problem

April 5, 2005 2:45:30 PM

johnkim0987 wrote:
> My setup is:
>
> MSI K8N Neo4 SLI
> X800 pro
> Corsair 512 RAM
> 1 SATA Hitachi 250GB
> 1 IDE DVD Drive
>
> I can not boot from the SATA drive after I install WinXP. I changed
> the 1st boot drive to CD-ROM for installation and then changed back
> to Hard Drive, after that I get "No Boot Device....".

Er, you need to set the boot device to SCSI.

CD/HardDrive refer to the onboard IDE drives.

You also need to "Hit F6 to install SCSI/RAID drivers..." right at the
beginning of Windows Setup.

All of the above is in your manual - read it !
May 8, 2006 3:50:40 AM

I have this problem as well. How do you set the boot device to SCSI? All I can see is LS-120, cd, hard drive, floppy, etc? I put the array as the primary drive in the boot sequence.
Related resources
May 9, 2006 12:56:08 AM

Quote:
My setup is:

MSI K8N Neo4 SLI
X800 pro
Corsair 512 RAM
1 SATA Hitachi 250GB
1 IDE DVD Drive

I can not boot from the SATA drive after I install WinXP. I changed
the 1st boot drive to CD-ROM for installation and then changed back
to Hard Drive, after that I get "No Boot Device....". The strange
thing is that if I change 1st boot drive to CD-ROM (only if WinXP CD
is in the drive) and 2nd boot drive to Hard Drive, then WinXP will
load from SATA drive and everything is ok.

I need help on this one? Does anyone had this problem before? How to
solve it? A specific BIOS setting?

Thanks

Disable RAID in the BIOS and set boot device.

nforce4 controller, with RAID disabled, just works like ... well, ide controller.. no drivers, no trouble..
May 9, 2006 12:57:18 AM

Quote:
I have this problem as well. How do you set the boot device to SCSI? All I can see is LS-120, cd, hard drive, floppy, etc? I put the array as the primary drive in the boot sequence.

you did notice the date the first message was posted? I replyed here because it may help you, and halp some other.
February 22, 2010 6:21:55 AM

I am having the same problem, and do not see or have a "SCSI" option to boot from either...
!