How do I uninstall the windows bluetooth stuff that got ac..

March 9, 2005 10:36:49 PM

I was hoping somebody could fill me in on a clean way to "un-bluetooth"
my computer.

bascially I had tried out a bluetooth mouse that used a usb bluetooth
dongle, and I've decided I'd rather have a cable than deal with the
batteries.

I uninstalled the targus driver package that came with the usb
bluetooth dongle, but microsoft's bluetooth stack also appears to have
been activated.

I still have a "bluetooth devices" control panel present, and I also
have C:\Documents and Settings\xxxxxx\My Documents\Bluetooth Exchange
Folder
hanging around.... I'm sure there are other bits and pieces, but
those are some obvious sample leftovers that I've noticed thusfar.

Is there a way to make MS's bluetooth stack go back to where it came
from since I won't be using bluetooth on this computer anytime soon? I
suppose the Targus uninstall might have left some stuff around too, but
I'm pretty sure that control panel is an MS one.

Thanks in advance,
-Ethan
Anonymous
March 10, 2005 10:57:43 AM

hupjack@excite.com wrote:

>I was hoping somebody could fill me in on a clean way to "un-bluetooth"
>my computer.

I remove all "bluetooth" references from the Registry here to do that.
Worked well.

--
(tm)
!