K7N2 Delta2-LSR or KT880 Delta-LSR

mark

Hi,

I`m considering buying either of these mb`s for a budget gaming system
upgrade and would like some recommendations from existing users. I`ve
checked out some of the online reviews, most of which are now months
old. Is the nforce or the via chipset generally regarded as the best
for performance and stability, or does it just come down to a choice
of features?

Also, I really need to know if these boards support 2 floppy drives on
the FDD controller, or only 1. I`d really appreciate a definate answer
to this from someone who has one of these boards as I have a real need
for 2 floppy drives. Some websites say they support 2 and some say
only 1.

Thanks for any feedback on these questions.

--
Mark

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 02:24:20 GMT, mark@invalidemail.com wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I`m considering buying either of these mb`s for a budget gaming system
>upgrade and would like some recommendations from existing users. I`ve
>checked out some of the online reviews, most of which are now months
>old. Is the nforce or the via chipset generally regarded as the best
>for performance and stability, or does it just come down to a choice
>of features?
>
>Also, I really need to know if these boards support 2 floppy drives on
>the FDD controller, or only 1. I`d really appreciate a definate answer
>to this from someone who has one of these boards as I have a real need
>for 2 floppy drives. Some websites say they support 2 and some say
>only 1.
>
>Thanks for any feedback on these questions.

Does no one here have either of these boards then?

--

Mark

bazza

Distinguished
May 9, 2004

I have the K7N2delta2-ilsr and have to say am very pleased with it, only
gripe it doesnt like cheap ddr in dual mode, currently using 2x512
corsair ddr400. :)

Bazza

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 08:07:45 +0100, Bazza <nowhere@nowt.com> wrote:

>I have the K7N2delta2-ilsr and have to say am very pleased with it, only
>gripe it doesnt like cheap ddr in dual mode, currently using 2x512
>corsair ddr400. :)
>

>Bazza

Thanks Bazza, do you know if it supports 2 floppy drives, either by
looking in the bios options or by trying one?

Cheers.

--

Mark

bazza

Distinguished
May 9, 2004

M Lynn wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 08:07:45 +0100, Bazza <nowhere@nowt.com> wrote:
>

>>I have the K7N2delta2-ilsr and have to say am very pleased with it, only
>>gripe it doesnt like cheap ddr in dual mode, currently using 2x512
>>corsair ddr400. :)
>>

>>Bazza
>

> Thanks Bazza, do you know if it supports 2 floppy drives, either by
> looking in the bios options or by trying one?
>
> Cheers.
>
> --
>
> Mark

yes the mobo supports 2 floppy drives.

Bazza

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 14:03:01 +0100, Bazza <nowhere@nowt.com> wrote:

>> Thanks Bazza, do you know if it supports 2 floppy drives, either by
>> looking in the bios options or by trying one?
>>
>> Cheers.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Mark
>

>yes the mobo supports 2 floppy drives.
>

>Bazza

Thanks again, but I went and bought the MSI KT880 Delta LSR and I`m
happy with it, good board.

--
Mark