Cendyne CD/DVD/ R/RW drive CDICD00237

I have a Cendyne CD/DVD R/RW external USB2/Firewire external drive. It came
with various bits of software for specific tasks (compressed backup etc.)
but without any software which I could use to Burn files directly onto a CD
or DVD disk.

How can I extend the normal XP CD burning facilities to this drive? I am
using a 1.6GHz ShuttleX PC. I can read both CD's and DVD's on the drive.

Out of interest I am having similar problems when using the drive on an
iMAC.

John
4 answers Last reply
More about cendyne drive cdicd00237

    If it shows up as a DVD/CD RW, then YES, you can use XP to create CDs only.
    You can get other softwatre to create DVDs.

    "Mr John FO Evans" <mijassoft@argonet.co.uk> wrote in message
    >I have a Cendyne CD/DVD R/RW external USB2/Firewire external drive. It
    >came
    > with various bits of software for specific tasks (compressed backup etc.)
    > but without any software which I could use to Burn files directly onto a
    > CD
    > or DVD disk.
    >
    > How can I extend the normal XP CD burning facilities to this drive? I am
    > using a 1.6GHz ShuttleX PC. I can read both CD's and DVD's on the drive.
    >
    > Out of interest I am having similar problems when using the drive on an
    > iMAC.
    >
    > John

    I suggest you check with the drive manufacturer, there must be a compatible
    software bundled so you can write to CD/DVDs on the external drive. Also,
    you can choose free CD/DVD burning software from download.com:

    http://tinyurl.com/5dxbe

    Note that some of the free software on the site have adware, which sustains
    the free software.

    In article <na.eeeefc4d49.a903c0mijassoft@argonet.co.uk>, Mr John FO Evans
    <mijassoft@argonet.co.uk> wrote:

    > I have a Cendyne CD/DVD R/RW external USB2/Firewire external drive. It
    > came
    > with various bits of software for specific tasks (compressed backup etc.)
    > but without any software which I could use to Burn files directly onto a
    > CD
    > or DVD disk.
    >
    > How can I extend the normal XP CD burning facilities to this drive? I am
    > using a 1.6GHz ShuttleX PC. I can read both CD's and DVD's on the drive.
    >
    > Out of interest I am having similar problems when using the drive on an
    > iMAC.
    >
    > John

    Thanks everybody. I have just discovered NERO which works fine.

    --
    __ __ __ __ __ ___ _____________________________________________
    |__||__)/ __/ \|\ ||_ | /
    | || \\__/\__/| \||__ | /...Internet access for all Acorn RISC machines
    ___________________________/ mijassoft@argonet.co.uk

    I must say you have discovered the best CD writing software(IMHO) under the
    sun...

    > In article <na.eeeefc4d49.a903c0mijassoft@argonet.co.uk>, Mr John FO Evans
    > <mijassoft@argonet.co.uk> wrote:
    >>
    >> I have a Cendyne CD/DVD R/RW external USB2/Firewire external drive. It
    >> came
    >> with various bits of software for specific tasks (compressed backup etc.)
    >> but without any software which I could use to Burn files directly onto a
    >> CD
    >> or DVD disk.
    >>
    >> How can I extend the normal XP CD burning facilities to this drive? I am
    >> using a 1.6GHz ShuttleX PC. I can read both CD's and DVD's on the drive.
    >>
    >> Out of interest I am having similar problems when using the drive on an
    >> iMAC.
    >>
    >> John
    >>
    > Thanks everybody. I have just discovered NERO which works fine.
    >>

    > --
    > machines
    > ___________________________/ mijassoft@argonet.co.uk

DVD Writers CD-Rom Windows XP