MSI mainboard MS-6330 Oxnard ver 2.1 KT7 Pro in Gateway co..

I have a Gateway computer about 4 years old with an MSI mainboard MS-6330
Oxnard version 2.1, AMD Athlon 1GHz processor and PC133 RAM. A recent crash
damaged the bios and I have bought a programmed replacement chip but have
just discovered that the bios chip is soldered into the motherboard. I have
damaged the original chip in discovering this and now have to buy a new
motherboard.

As the original motherboard is no longer available (and I don't want to buy
on ebay), can anyone suggest which motherboard is the best replacement so
that I can use the original processor, RAM, etc.?

John E.

Gollum

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2001

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 22:32:35 +0000 (UTC), "abcd" <nonotme@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>I have a Gateway computer about 4 years old with an MSI mainboard MS-6330
>Oxnard version 2.1, AMD Athlon 1GHz processor and PC133 RAM. A recent crash
>damaged the bios and I have bought a programmed replacement chip but have
>just discovered that the bios chip is soldered into the motherboard. I have
>damaged the original chip in discovering this and now have to buy a new
>motherboard.
>
>As the original motherboard is no longer available (and I don't want to buy
>on ebay), can anyone suggest which motherboard is the best replacement so
>that I can use the original processor, RAM, etc.?
>
>John E.

Most any socket A board will work, so that opens up a rather large can
of worms ( too many choices). I have a 3 year old MSI K7T266 with
that same cpu and pc133 memory. Works fine. You can buy the K7T266 PRO
for $ 32.00 now, which is probably what the bios chip cost.

BTW Ascendtech in Ohio has the Gateway Oxnard new for $ 99.00, but
that seems very pricey for an old design motherboard.

The Athlon 1Ghz came in 100 AND 133 versions. Not all mb support the
133.

If you want a similar board, go to Pricewatch and do a search for 6330
in the MSI mb category.

HTH
Gollum