K8N Neo4 Platinum; No USB 2

I recently upgrd to this board; however, USB 2.0 does not appear to be
working. I have attempted the following:
1. BIOS USB Controller Enabled.
2. Win XP SP2
3. Device is listed as Active is Device Mgr
When I attempt to plug in any of the USB ports it responds with message
USB Enhanced Controller Unavailable.

Running 3200+ Not OC
WD Raptor
Video ATI 3000 XT

TIA

I should have also include d the BIOS ver. The BIOS is reporting ver
1.3 031105? A little bizzare since the MSI site shows latest as 1.2

Outpost wrote:
> I should have also include d the BIOS ver. The BIOS is reporting ver
> 1.3 031105? A little bizzare since the MSI site shows latest as 1.2

There is W7100NMS.113 (1.1 Beta 3), dated 02/02/05

But the one dated 03/11/05 is 1.2, according to techPowerUp!:
http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/other/111

I can't even find a link to 1.2 on MSIs site.

I've been using beta 5.04, but it's caused more problems than it's
worth. Machine is stable though.

Ben

Outpost wrote:
> I recently upgrd to this board; however, USB 2.0 does not appear to be
> working. I have attempted the following:
> 1. BIOS USB Controller Enabled.

But is "USB1.1 + 2.0" set?

> 2. Win XP SP2

Good.

> 3. Device is listed as Active is Device Mgr
> When I attempt to plug in any of the USB ports it responds with message
> USB Enhanced Controller Unavailable.

Right. Well EHCI is the USB2 stuff. OHCI is USB1.

Odd... does the EHCI controller appear in device manager?

Ben

Ben Pope wrote:
> Outpost wrote:
>
>> I should have also include d the BIOS ver. The BIOS is reporting ver
>> 1.3 031105? A little bizzare since the MSI site shows latest as 1.2
>

> There is W7100NMS.113 (1.1 Beta 3), dated 02/02/05
>
> But the one dated 03/11/05 is 1.2, according to techPowerUp!:
> http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/other/111
>
> I can't even find a link to 1.2 on MSIs site.
>
> I've been using beta 5.04, but it's caused more problems than it's
> worth. Machine is stable though.

Ignore, me I'm using the Diamond.

I'll clarify, I have the 7100, are you talking about the 7125?

Why can't MSI have product names that distinguish products?

Ben

To All Who Replied;

Thanks. I discovered the problem. Although it was listed in DM I right
mouse clicked on the device and selected find appropriate driver. This
was a little bizzare I thought. If Win was showing it as enhanced it
should have selected the appropriate driver. I also discovered that
although I had bought Win XP and the package clearly stated w/ SP2 I
discovred I had to download from their web site SP2.
As far as the BIOS version I can only state MSI is mistaken on their
web site. The BIOS is clearly reporting 1.3 with the 3/11 date?
There is also a least 2 mistakes in the book with the board.

It states you are suppose to remove the CPU backing plate to remove the
plastic film and re-install. The film was had already been removed.

The alignment of the CPU with the arrow facing the Pivot point.

It has made my life with Photoshop a lot easier.
Ben Pope wrote:
> Outpost wrote:
> > I should have also include d the BIOS ver. The BIOS is reporting
ver
> > 1.3 031105? A little bizzare since the MSI site shows latest as 1.2
>
> There is W7100NMS.113 (1.1 Beta 3), dated 02/02/05
>
> But the one dated 03/11/05 is 1.2, according to techPowerUp!:
> http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/other/111
>
> I can't even find a link to 1.2 on MSIs site.
>
> I've been using beta 5.04, but it's caused more problems than it's
> worth. Machine is stable though.
>
> Ben

roman

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2001

"Outpost" <westdr1@kornet.net> schrieb:

>I recently upgrd to this board; however, USB 2.0 does not appear to be
>working. I have attempted the following:
>1. BIOS USB Controller Enabled.
>2. Win XP SP2
>3. Device is listed as Active is Device Mgr
>When I attempt to plug in any of the USB ports it responds with message
>USB Enhanced Controller Unavailable.
>
>Running 3200+ Not OC
>WD Raptor
>Video ATI 3000 XT
>
>TIA

Q: I'm also considering this board or the Asus A8N-E SLI
Is your board running stable?
Would you buy it again?

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS