K8N Neo4 Platinum; No USB 2

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

I recently upgrd to this board; however, USB 2.0 does not appear to be
working. I have attempted the following:
1. BIOS USB Controller Enabled.
2. Win XP SP2
3. Device is listed as Active is Device Mgr
When I attempt to plug in any of the USB ports it responds with message
USB Enhanced Controller Unavailable.

Running 3200+ Not OC
WD Raptor
Video ATI 3000 XT

TIA
6 answers Last reply
More about neo4 platinum
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    I should have also include d the BIOS ver. The BIOS is reporting ver
    1.3 031105? A little bizzare since the MSI site shows latest as 1.2
    Outpost wrote:
    > I recently upgrd to this board; however, USB 2.0 does not appear to
    be
    > working. I have attempted the following:
    > 1. BIOS USB Controller Enabled.
    > 2. Win XP SP2
    > 3. Device is listed as Active is Device Mgr
    > When I attempt to plug in any of the USB ports it responds with
    message
    > USB Enhanced Controller Unavailable.
    >
    > Running 3200+ Not OC
    > WD Raptor
    > Video ATI 3000 XT
    >
    > TIA
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    Outpost wrote:
    > I should have also include d the BIOS ver. The BIOS is reporting ver
    > 1.3 031105? A little bizzare since the MSI site shows latest as 1.2

    There is W7100NMS.113 (1.1 Beta 3), dated 02/02/05

    But the one dated 03/11/05 is 1.2, according to techPowerUp!:
    http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/other/111

    I can't even find a link to 1.2 on MSIs site.

    I've been using beta 5.04, but it's caused more problems than it's
    worth. Machine is stable though.

    Ben
    --
    A7N8X FAQ: www.ben.pope.name/a7n8x_faq.html
    Questions by email will likely be ignored, please use the newsgroups.
    I'm not just a number. To many, I'm known as a String...
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    Outpost wrote:
    > I recently upgrd to this board; however, USB 2.0 does not appear to be
    > working. I have attempted the following:
    > 1. BIOS USB Controller Enabled.

    But is "USB1.1 + 2.0" set?

    > 2. Win XP SP2

    Good.

    > 3. Device is listed as Active is Device Mgr
    > When I attempt to plug in any of the USB ports it responds with message
    > USB Enhanced Controller Unavailable.

    Right. Well EHCI is the USB2 stuff. OHCI is USB1.

    Odd... does the EHCI controller appear in device manager?

    Ben
    --
    A7N8X FAQ: www.ben.pope.name/a7n8x_faq.html
    Questions by email will likely be ignored, please use the newsgroups.
    I'm not just a number. To many, I'm known as a String...
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    Ben Pope wrote:
    > Outpost wrote:
    >
    >> I should have also include d the BIOS ver. The BIOS is reporting ver
    >> 1.3 031105? A little bizzare since the MSI site shows latest as 1.2
    >
    >
    > There is W7100NMS.113 (1.1 Beta 3), dated 02/02/05
    >
    > But the one dated 03/11/05 is 1.2, according to techPowerUp!:
    > http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/other/111
    >
    > I can't even find a link to 1.2 on MSIs site.
    >
    > I've been using beta 5.04, but it's caused more problems than it's
    > worth. Machine is stable though.

    Ignore, me I'm using the Diamond.

    I'll clarify, I have the 7100, are you talking about the 7125?

    Why can't MSI have product names that distinguish products?

    Ben
    --
    A7N8X FAQ: www.ben.pope.name/a7n8x_faq.html
    Questions by email will likely be ignored, please use the newsgroups.
    I'm not just a number. To many, I'm known as a String...
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    To All Who Replied;

    Thanks. I discovered the problem. Although it was listed in DM I right
    mouse clicked on the device and selected find appropriate driver. This
    was a little bizzare I thought. If Win was showing it as enhanced it
    should have selected the appropriate driver. I also discovered that
    although I had bought Win XP and the package clearly stated w/ SP2 I
    discovred I had to download from their web site SP2.
    As far as the BIOS version I can only state MSI is mistaken on their
    web site. The BIOS is clearly reporting 1.3 with the 3/11 date?
    There is also a least 2 mistakes in the book with the board.

    It states you are suppose to remove the CPU backing plate to remove the
    plastic film and re-install. The film was had already been removed.

    The alignment of the CPU with the arrow facing the Pivot point.

    It has made my life with Photoshop a lot easier.
    Ben Pope wrote:
    > Outpost wrote:
    > > I should have also include d the BIOS ver. The BIOS is reporting
    ver
    > > 1.3 031105? A little bizzare since the MSI site shows latest as 1.2
    >
    > There is W7100NMS.113 (1.1 Beta 3), dated 02/02/05
    >
    > But the one dated 03/11/05 is 1.2, according to techPowerUp!:
    > http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/other/111
    >
    > I can't even find a link to 1.2 on MSIs site.
    >
    > I've been using beta 5.04, but it's caused more problems than it's
    > worth. Machine is stable though.
    >
    > Ben
    > --
    > A7N8X FAQ: www.ben.pope.name/a7n8x_faq.html
    > Questions by email will likely be ignored, please use the newsgroups.
    > I'm not just a number. To many, I'm known as a String...
  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    "Outpost" <westdr1@kornet.net> schrieb:

    >I recently upgrd to this board; however, USB 2.0 does not appear to be
    >working. I have attempted the following:
    >1. BIOS USB Controller Enabled.
    >2. Win XP SP2
    >3. Device is listed as Active is Device Mgr
    >When I attempt to plug in any of the USB ports it responds with message
    >USB Enhanced Controller Unavailable.
    >
    >Running 3200+ Not OC
    >WD Raptor
    >Video ATI 3000 XT
    >
    >TIA


    Q: I'm also considering this board or the Asus A8N-E SLI
    Is your board running stable?
    Would you buy it again?

    Thanks
Ask a new question

Read More

MSI-Microstar Platinum Controller USB Devices Motherboards