Just flashed my bios and now keyboard wont work

I flashed my k8n neo2 platinum from the 1.4 bios to 1.5. When I
rebooted my ps2 keyboard wouldnt work. No way to login to win2k pro.
I tried a usb keyboard but no luck. The system doesn't seem to
recognize it. I don't know whether it's because it hasn't seen it
before and I can't get by the login to access some later hardware
recognition phase or whether that is a bios problem as well.

Any suggestion as to how I could reflash without keyboard input or
something else that I haven't thought of?

Thanks

Try resetting the CMOS.

"murrayseven" <murrayseven@yahoo-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
>I flashed my k8n neo2 platinum from the 1.4 bios to 1.5. When I
> rebooted my ps2 keyboard wouldnt work. No way to login to win2k pro.
> I tried a usb keyboard but no luck. The system doesn't seem to
> recognize it. I don't know whether it's because it hasn't seen it
> before and I can't get by the login to access some later hardware
> recognition phase or whether that is a bios problem as well.
>
> Any suggestion as to how I could reflash without keyboard input or
> something else that I haven't thought of?
>
> Thanks

Yes thanks:

I did that and after 3 reboots the bios recognized the usb keyboard
and I was able to manually reflash the bios with the 1.4 version.
I still don't know what the problem is with the 1.5 version from
msiupdate.
I went back and looked at the autoexec file that came with that
version and it should have echoed a prompt to remove the floppy and
hit enter to reboot.
When I used it, it re-booted automatically which suggests a problem of
some kind.
In any event it lost support for ps2 devices, mouse and keyboard.
I'm wondering if anyone else has had problems upgrading from the 1.4
to the 1.5 bios?

No, I did the same thing and all's well.

Mick
> Yes thanks:
>
> I did that and after 3 reboots the bios recognized the usb keyboard
> and I was able to manually reflash the bios with the 1.4 version.
> I still don't know what the problem is with the 1.5 version from
> msiupdate.
> I went back and looked at the autoexec file that came with that
> version and it should have echoed a prompt to remove the floppy and
> hit enter to reboot.
> When I used it, it re-booted automatically which suggests a problem of
> some kind.
> In any event it lost support for ps2 devices, mouse and keyboard.
> I'm wondering if anyone else has had problems upgrading from the 1.4
> to the 1.5 bios?

nOm

Distinguished
May 29, 2003

murrayseven wrote:
> Yes thanks:
>
> I did that and after 3 reboots the bios recognized the usb keyboard
> and I was able to manually reflash the bios with the 1.4 version.
> I still don't know what the problem is with the 1.5 version from
> msiupdate.
> I went back and looked at the autoexec file that came with that
> version and it should have echoed a prompt to remove the floppy and
> hit enter to reboot.
> When I used it, it re-booted automatically which suggests a problem of
> some kind.
> In any event it lost support for ps2 devices, mouse and keyboard.
> I'm wondering if anyone else has had problems upgrading from the 1.4
> to the 1.5 bios?

Just a bad flash somewhere - try the 1.5 BIOS again, and it'll probably work
just fine.