I/O Back Plate

I just bought an MSI k8t800 Neo FSR refurb MB.

Anyone know where I can get a I/O Back plate or I/O panel as MSI calls it.

Leslie

No.
I got both MB for $25 each from Newegg. One I am building for my brother
and one for my son.
I already have the tower cases. And 1 monitor.
Cannibalised from a few garage sales. I normally would go for the full
retail boxes but cash is very strained. My brother is using an Athlon
700mhz system.
Thanks for the ebay URL. ASUS haven`t replied yet. MSI must have had a bad
link but their taiwan site worked so I am waiting for a reply on that one.

"dino" <whyme@help.com> wrote in message
> what are ya???.. the refurb buyer of all??? I just answered you in an Asus
> forum...

What is with Newegg not sending anything but the MB on their
refurbished MB offerings?

I actually have bought three refurbs in the last month and they all
came MB ONLY wrapped in an anti-static bag in a FedEx box, whereas last
year I bought an ABit refurb in full retail packing etc, so I thought
refurbs were a great idea for people like myself who aren't afraid of
them, but geez the refurbs that Newegg are sending out now, at least
the MSI refurb MBs; the savings are so little ($8.00) that the price
you pay isn't worth what they leave out. When I bought my first Newegg
refurb they had reviews and people were writing "great deal," but now
the reviews on refurbs are gone. I actually bought two other refurbs
just to see if Newegg was sending them all out the same way, and yup
they are. Here's my review, screw Newegg MSI refurb MBs. I had to send
one back because it had a dead audio channel, and what does Newegg
want, "send every single thing back or you won't get your refund!" So
did Newegg get a batch of MBs only from MSI (reworks that can't be sold
new) and that just happened to be the batch of MBs I got, or is Newegg
throwing out all the retail packaging extras for their convienence?

Oh forgot (I got so excited), where do you say a source for MSI I/O
panel is??

Thanks,

dalemstevens wrote:
> What is with Newegg not sending anything but the MB on their
> refurbished MB offerings?
>
> I actually have bought three refurbs in the last month and they all
> came MB ONLY wrapped in an anti-static bag in a FedEx box, whereas last
> year I bought an ABit refurb in full retail packing etc, so I thought
> refurbs were a great idea for people like myself who aren't afraid of
> them, but geez the refurbs that Newegg are sending out now, at least
> the MSI refurb MBs; the savings are so little ($8.00) that the price
> you pay isn't worth what they leave out. When I bought my first Newegg
> refurb they had reviews and people were writing "great deal," but now
> the reviews on refurbs are gone. I actually bought two other refurbs
> just to see if Newegg was sending them all out the same way, and yup
> they are. Here's my review, screw Newegg MSI refurb MBs. I had to send
> one back because it had a dead audio channel, and what does Newegg
> want, "send every single thing back or you won't get your refund!" So
> did Newegg get a batch of MBs only from MSI (reworks that can't be sold
> new) and that just happened to be the batch of MBs I got, or is Newegg
> throwing out all the retail packaging extras for their convienence?
>
> Oh forgot (I got so excited), where do you say a source for MSI I/O
> panel is??

I wonder what a refurbed motherboard is?

Do you think they polish all the contacts and check that it works fully,
or do you think it is an ex-returned item they can't sell as new 'cos it
wasn't returned with all the bits?

If, as you say, the savings are minimal, then forget it. By the time
you've found:

cables
backplates
headers
out-that-it-don't-work-which-is-why-it-was-returned
sent it back

I don't see the point.

Ben

Dino

probably a m/b returned with none of the goodies...because someone tried to
built their first system ..screwed something up and immediately said" I
didn't do it...it must be defective"

Yes I agree, the batch of refurb m/bs I got this month from Newegg (MSI
because I'm on an MSI kick right now) is not worth the trouble. (and
the other refubs I ordered afterwards were like a test, just to see
what I'd get). Newegg claims their refurbs are NOT tested. One gets
the idea that they probably come from returns, and I'm more than happy
to try them out (if the price is right) but since all MSI boards I
received this month were identically packaged with nothing but the m/b
inside a fedex box, I suspect that Newegg is either discarding the
packaging extras for their convenience or it seems more likely, now
that I think about it, that Newegg got a shipment of MSI factory
refurbs that they are selling off, and none of these refurb m/bs came
from the factory with any extras (i.e. my understanding is that there
are laws about what a factory can sell as new, and if it has to be
reworked, even in the factory setting, then it has to be sold as a
refurbished product). But I noticed some other brand refurbs from
Newegg (Abit) with $30+ savings, so you decide for yourself, my
experience with that board last year was good. So, I was hoping to
hear other experience from anybody else that has received a MSI
refurbed m/b from Newegg in the past few months or so, and what they
think is going on? To buy refurb or not to buy refurb?