ray

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2001

Does anyone know what the heck this is?? Does not display any information
at all. I got this somehow before my computer crashed last week and I am
wondering if it had anything to do with it. Before I did my full system
recovery I was getting a 'Backweb application error- "backweb- 137903".
This was the first thing that came up after I did the recovery. I blocked
this application so it did not get in again, but I would really like to know
what it is?
--
thanks!

Andy

See
<http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/process/backweb-8876480.exe.html>

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 14:53:03 -0800, ray
<ray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Does anyone know what the heck this is?? Does not display any information
>at all. I got this somehow before my computer crashed last week and I am
>wondering if it had anything to do with it. Before I did my full system
>recovery I was getting a 'Backweb application error- "backweb- 137903".
>This was the first thing that came up after I did the recovery. I blocked
>this application so it did not get in again, but I would really like to know
>what it is?

ray

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2001

I just need to know if I am okay in deleting this or not? Since I don't
really know what it is, I am hesitant to delete?

"Andy" wrote:

> See
> <http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/process/backweb-8876480.exe.html>
>
> On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 14:53:03 -0800, ray
> <ray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Does anyone know what the heck this is?? Does not display any information
> >at all. I got this somehow before my computer crashed last week and I am
> >wondering if it had anything to do with it. Before I did my full system
> >recovery I was getting a 'Backweb application error- "backweb- 137903".
> >This was the first thing that came up after I did the recovery. I blocked
> >this application so it did not get in again, but I would really like to know
> >what it is?

Kerry

delete it; your mouse/keyboard will function fine...

"ray" wrote:

> I just need to know if I am okay in deleting this or not? Since I don't
> really know what it is, I am hesitant to delete?
>
> "Andy" wrote:
>
> > See
> > <http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/process/backweb-8876480.exe.html>
> >
> > On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 14:53:03 -0800, ray
> > <ray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> > >Does anyone know what the heck this is?? Does not display any information
> > >at all. I got this somehow before my computer crashed last week and I am
> > >wondering if it had anything to do with it. Before I did my full system
> > >recovery I was getting a 'Backweb application error- "backweb- 137903".
> > >This was the first thing that came up after I did the recovery. I blocked
> > >this application so it did not get in again, but I would really like to know
> > >what it is?

I've had this too. I reckon its some sort of virus. I have to use task
manager after every boot and End process. Its a real pain in the ass and
nothing I've tried gets rid of it.