  • Wireless Networking
Last response: in Wireless Networking
Share
March 26, 2005 3:51:23 PM

I'm connected wirelessly. Is there anyway to hide the "Local Area
Connection-a network cable is unplugged" icon from the system tray? I
assume this is for an ethernet connection. I may use ethernet in the
future, but for now I just want to hide the icon. Thanks.

--
Paul
Cleveland, Ohio

More about : local area connection

Anonymous
March 26, 2005 3:51:24 PM

Hi, Paul -

Right-Click on the icon in the system tray and select Disable. This should
keep the "...unplugged..." message from popping up.

When you need to use it in the future go to Control Panel, Network
Connections and then right-click on the connection and select Enable to
re-enable it.

Hope this helps,
--
William L. Whipple