Local Area Connection

I'm connected wirelessly. Is there anyway to hide the "Local Area
Connection-a network cable is unplugged" icon from the system tray? I
assume this is for an ethernet connection. I may use ethernet in the
future, but for now I just want to hide the icon. Thanks.

--
Paul
Cleveland, Ohio

    Hi, Paul -

    Right-Click on the icon in the system tray and select Disable. This should
    keep the "...unplugged..." message from popping up.

    When you need to use it in the future go to Control Panel, Network
    Connections and then right-click on the connection and select Enable to
    re-enable it.

    Hope this helps,
    --
    William L. Whipple
    WWW.EZine.Com

    "Paul" <veck712@spambegonenetscape.com> wrote in message
    > I'm connected wirelessly. Is there anyway to hide the "Local Area
    > Connection-a network cable is unplugged" icon from the system tray? I
    > assume this is for an ethernet connection. I may use ethernet in the
    > future, but for now I just want to hide the icon. Thanks.
    >
    > --
    > Paul
    > Cleveland, Ohio

Ethernet Card Connection Networking Wireless Networking