I have two hard drives installed on my cpu, C: and E:, i'm running out of
space on C: and i don't know how to utilize E:---What would be good is if i
could use E: mainly for my music downloading and cd burning, and also games
that i have downloaded....that would free up some space on C:, these hard
drives aren't recently purchased so i don't have any manuels or directions,
my computer was sort of home built. i have a dell optiplex gxi 350mbr+ intel
processor 347mhz/192mb ram(i add more, only came with 32mb)/maxtor hd's
C:=4.01gb/665.8mb avail E:=5.99gb/5.05gb avail. Hopefully u can give me
some direction with this matter that's not too difficult to understand or
utilize...i'm pretty good with computers but not an expert.
--
Ta Ta 4 Now,

Nikki

First thing to move is your Documents... right click on the My Documents
folder on the Desktop select Properties and then you can move it to the E
drive.

As for the other programs you will have to uninstall and then reinstall
doing using a custom installation to direct the installation to E. You
cannot simply just move these as the Registry entries will still point to C.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"NikkiA" <hot2trott@usa.com> wrote in message
>I have two hard drives installed on my cpu, C: and E:, i'm running out of
> space on C: and i don't know how to utilize E:---What would be good is if
> could use E: mainly for my music downloading and cd burning, and also
> games
> that i have downloaded....that would free up some space on C:, these hard
> drives aren't recently purchased so i don't have any manuels or
> directions,
> my computer was sort of home built. i have a dell optiplex gxi 350mbr+
> intel
> processor 347mhz/192mb ram(i add more, only came with 32mb)/maxtor hd's
> C:=4.01gb/665.8mb avail E:=5.99gb/5.05gb avail. Hopefully u can give me
> some direction with this matter that's not too difficult to understand or
> utilize...i'm pretty good with computers but not an expert.
> --
> Ta Ta 4 Now,
>
> Nikki

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 09:00:45 -0800, "Cari \(MS-MVP\)"
<Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote:

>"NikkiA" <hot2trott@usa.com> wrote in message
>>I have two hard drives installed on my cpu, C: and E:, i'm running out of
>> space on C: and i don't know how to utilize E:---What would be good is if
>> could use E: mainly for my music downloading and cd burning, and also
>> games
>> that i have downloaded....that would free up some space on C:, these hard
>> drives aren't recently purchased so i don't have any manuels or
>> directions,
>> my computer was sort of home built. i have a dell optiplex gxi 350mbr+
>> intel
>> processor 347mhz/192mb ram(i add more, only came with 32mb)/maxtor hd's
>> C:=4.01gb/665.8mb avail E:=5.99gb/5.05gb avail. Hopefully u can give me
>> some direction with this matter that's not too difficult to understand or
>> utilize...i'm pretty good with computers but not an expert.
>> --
>> Ta Ta 4 Now,
>>
>> Nikki
>>

>First thing to move is your Documents... right click on the My Documents
>folder on the Desktop select Properties and then you can move it to the E
>drive.

Why bother moving My Documents. None of my computers, either at work
or at home, have any documents stored in My Documents. I have a
folder set up on my second physical drive, and that has subfolders set
up for each App I routinely use. Almost every application has a way
to set up a default file location and it only takes a second to change
it to the appropriate subfolder - and it only has to be done once.