removing old restore points

Alec

Distinguished
May 31, 2004

I look in my system restore and there must be 50 or more restore points.
These must take up space and since my system is running like it should, can
the restore points of long ago be deleted?
Thanks Alec

Alec;
Going to Disk Clean-up is not the correct way if you want to permanently
free the space.
System Restore uses the space you have allocated.
Once the space is full, older Restore Points are automatically deleted on a
first in first out basis.
To set, open System Restore.
Click "System Restore Settings" on the left side.
Adjust slider as desired.

Also see this for more about System Restore:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/newsgroups/faqsrwxp.mspx

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"Alec" <alec707@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I look in my system restore and there must be 50 or more restore points.
>These must take up space and since my system is running like it should, can
>the restore points of long ago be deleted?
> Thanks Alec

Alec, go to MyComputer>Drive Icon>rt click and select Properties>Disk
Cleanup>More Options>System Restore>Cleanup. Say yes to all.
"Alec" <alec707@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I look in my system restore and there must be 50 or more restore points.
>These must take up space and since my system is running like it should, can
>the restore points of long ago be deleted?
> Thanks Alec

Alec

Distinguished
May 31, 2004