Guys, I have downloaded these games but they run so slow. What
parameters have I need to change in mame32 in order to make it faster
to play?...I tryed some combinations but they did not work.

I have a MSI GeForce MX 4000, it is not the best but works good.

--
Fedora Core 3 - KDE 3.2.3
Intel Prescott 3.0 Ghz

ElNoHabido.

sinner

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

* ElNoHabido wrote in alt.games.mame:
> Guys, I have downloaded these games but they run so slow. What
> parameters have I need to change in mame32 in order to make it faster
> to play?...I tryed some combinations but they did not work.

> I have a MSI GeForce MX 4000, it is not the best but works good.

The GC is unimportant, what is the Processor speed and how much ram do
you have?

--
David
Somebody ought to cross ball point pens with coat hangers so that the

ElNoHabido's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his
body were:
> Guys, I have downloaded these games but they run so slow. What
> parameters have I need to change in mame32 in order to make it faster
> to play?...I tryed some combinations but they did not work.
> I have a MSI GeForce MX 4000, it is not the best but works good.

Graphics cards dont make much of a difference, since MAME relies on CPU.
Only time graphics cards make a difference is if you use effects like
scanlines, or if the graphics card can't vsync properly

SINNER expressed precisely :
> * ElNoHabido wrote in alt.games.mame:
>> Guys, I have downloaded these games but they run so slow. What
>> parameters have I need to change in mame32 in order to make it faster
>> to play?...I tryed some combinations but they did not work.
>
>> I have a MSI GeForce MX 4000, it is not the best but works good.
>
> The GC is unimportant, what is the Processor speed and how much ram do
> you have?

as my sign says, I have a Pentium IV "Prescott" 3.0 Gzh HT - 1 MB
Cache. The mainboard is an Intel 865PERL with sound card integrated.
The GC is the one I said. I have 256 Mb DDR PC3200 (bus 400).

is it not enough?

--
Fedora Core 3 - KDE 3.2.3
Intel Prescott 3.0 Ghz

ElNoHabido.

Hellmark presented the following explanation :
> ElNoHabido's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his
> body were:
>> Guys, I have downloaded these games but they run so slow. What
>> parameters have I need to change in mame32 in order to make it faster
>> to play?...I tryed some combinations but they did not work.
>> I have a MSI GeForce MX 4000, it is not the best but works good.
>
> Graphics cards dont make much of a difference, since MAME relies on CPU.
> Only time graphics cards make a difference is if you use effects like
> scanlines, or if the graphics card can't vsync properly

as my sign says, I have a Pentium IV "Prescott" 3.0 Gzh HT - 1 MB
Cache. The mainboard is an Intel 865PERL with sound card integrated.
The GC is the one I said. I have 256 Mb DDR PC3200 (bus 400).

is it enough?

--
Fedora Core 3 - KDE 3.2.3
Intel Prescott 3.0 Ghz

ElNoHabido.

On 2005-03-18, ElNoHabido <elnohabido@hotmail.com> wrote:
> as my sign says, I have a Pentium IV "Prescott" 3.0 Gzh HT - 1 MB
> Cache. The mainboard is an Intel 865PERL with sound card integrated.

The integrated sound card may be the problem. Try without sound to
see if it makes a noticeable difference.

Also, the ZN games don't work correctly with autothrottle. Be sure
you use frameskip 0.

> I have 256 Mb DDR PC3200 (bus 400).

That's ridiculously low. You know they make video cards with more
than that now? If the emulator starts swapping, it _will_ crawl.
Check if the disk is used while mame is running (after the rom load,
obviously).

OG.

Olivier Galibert was thinking very hard :
> On 2005-03-18, ElNoHabido <elnohabido@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> as my sign says, I have a Pentium IV "Prescott" 3.0 Gzh HT - 1 MB
>> Cache. The mainboard is an Intel 865PERL with sound card integrated.
>
> The integrated sound card may be the problem. Try without sound to
> see if it makes a noticeable difference.
>
> Also, the ZN games don't work correctly with autothrottle. Be sure
> you use frameskip 0.

ok, I will try it later.

excuse me, What means ZN?

>> I have 256 Mb DDR PC3200 (bus 400).
>
> That's ridiculously low. You know they make video cards with more
> than that now? If the emulator starts swapping, it _will_ crawl.
> Check if the disk is used while mame is running (after the rom load,
> obviously).

ok ok, I had planned to add another DDR 256 Mb PC3200 block to make
them work in dual channel. is this enough or I need extra memory
blocks.

--
Fedora Core 3 - KDE 3.2.3
Intel Prescott 3.0 Ghz

ElNoHabido.

On 2005-03-18, ElNoHabido <elnohabido@hotmail.com> wrote:
> excuse me, What means ZN?

It's the name Sony gave to the arcade hardware based on the PSX.

> ok ok, I had planned to add another DDR 256 Mb PC3200 block to make
> them work in dual channel. is this enough or I need extra memory
> blocks.

It should help. The games needing more than 512K are rare.

OG.

"ElNoHabido" <elnohabido@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Guys, I have downloaded these games but they run so slow. What parameters
> have I need to change in mame32 in order to make it faster to play?...I
> tryed some combinations but they did not work.
>
> I have a MSI GeForce MX 4000, it is not the best but works good.

Find the emulator called ZiNc. That's the only emulator that can play these
ZN system games at full speed right now, since it uses Direct3D and OpenGL
hardware acceleration.

Olivier Galibert wrote:
> On 2005-03-18, ElNoHabido <elnohabido@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>excuse me, What means ZN?
>

> It's the name Sony gave to the arcade hardware based on the PSX.
>

>>ok ok, I had planned to add another DDR 256 Mb PC3200 block to make
>>them work in dual channel. is this enough or I need extra memory
>>blocks.
>

> It should help. The games needing more than 512K are rare.
>
> OG.

After all, as Mr. Gates said: "640K is enough for anybody.", so 512K
should be /lots/. <GBEG>

--
Thnik about it!
Dead_Dad

Tempora wrote:
> "ElNoHabido" <elnohabido@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>Guys, I have downloaded these games but they run so slow. What parameters
>>have I need to change in mame32 in order to make it faster to play?...I
>>tryed some combinations but they did not work.
>>
>>I have a MSI GeForce MX 4000, it is not the best but works good.
>>

> Find the emulator called ZiNc. That's the only emulator that can play these
> ZN system games at full speed right now, since it uses Direct3D and OpenGL
> hardware acceleration.

......and/or if you want a faster MAME, try FastMAME.

--
Thnik about it!
Dead_Dad

Dead_Dad's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body
were:
> .....and/or if you want a faster MAME, try FastMAME.

are you the guy doing it? Been harpin it an awful lot lately, almost to
the point of spamming it. Also, that still wont get this running at proper
speed

Dead_Dad <XXXspamtrap007@yahoo.comXXX> wrote in news:pFM_d.716674$Xk.85671
@pd7tw3no:

>> It should help. The games needing more than 512K are rare.
>
> After all, as Mr. Gates said: "640K is enough for anybody.", so 512K
> should be /lots/. <GBEG>

LOL!

Hellmark wrote:
> Dead_Dad's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body
> were:
>
>>.....and/or if you want a faster MAME, try FastMAME.
>

> are you the guy doing it? Been harpin it an awful lot lately, almost to
> the point of spamming it. Also, that still wont get this running at proper
> speed

Just like pass the word about software that works well, like DOS
Navigator, Firefox, BSPlayer, Dosage, CDisplay, TinyURL, /MAME/, etc.

If someone asks about a good file manager, I'll 'wax poetic' about DN;
If someone wants their games to run faster, I'll tell them to get FM.
'Nuff said?

--
Thnik about it!
Dead_Dad

Tempora a émis l'idée suivante :
> "ElNoHabido" <elnohabido@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Guys, I have downloaded these games but they run so slow. What parameters
>> have I need to change in mame32 in order to make it faster to play?...I
>> tryed some combinations but they did not work.
>>
>> I have a MSI GeForce MX 4000, it is not the best but works good.
>>

> Find the emulator called ZiNc. That's the only emulator that can play these
> ZN system games at full speed right now, since it uses Direct3D and OpenGL
> hardware acceleration.

thks, I will try it now. I have managed to make it works a little bit
fast unmarking the 3d options, throttle and Frame skipping. The
following monday I will add another 256 MB block memory.

--
Fedora Core 3 - KDE 3.2.3
Intel Prescott 3.0 Ghz

ElNoHabido.

Olivier Galibert a pensé très fort :
> On 2005-03-18, ElNoHabido <elnohabido@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> as my sign says, I have a Pentium IV "Prescott" 3.0 Gzh HT - 1 MB
>> Cache. The mainboard is an Intel 865PERL with sound card integrated.
>
> The integrated sound card may be the problem. Try without sound to
> see if it makes a noticeable difference.

the game do not run properly if I unmark the audio option. It closes in
the fighter selection list.

> Also, the ZN games don't work correctly with autothrottle. Be sure
> you use frameskip 0.

I unmark throttle and frame skipping (put in draw every frame) and the
3D options and the game goes faster.

--
Fedora Core 3 - KDE 3.2.3
Intel Prescott 3.0 Ghz

ElNoHabido.

Tempora vient de nous annoncer :
> "ElNoHabido" <elnohabido@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Guys, I have downloaded these games but they run so slow. What parameters
>> have I need to change in mame32 in order to make it faster to play?...I
>> tryed some combinations but they did not work.
>>
>> I have a MSI GeForce MX 4000, it is not the best but works good.
>>

> Find the emulator called ZiNc. That's the only emulator that can play these
> ZN system games at full speed right now, since it uses Direct3D and OpenGL
> hardware acceleration.

it works great!...except for Tekken 3, all the games that run slow in
mame, run fast in Zinc.

Maybe Mame need to copy some features from this emulator.

thanks.

--
Fedora Core 3 - KDE 3.2.3
Intel Prescott 3.0 Ghz

ElNoHabido.

ElNoHabido's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his
body were:
> Tempora vient de nous annoncer :
>> "ElNoHabido" <elnohabido@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Guys, I have downloaded these games but they run so slow. What parameters
>>> have I need to change in mame32 in order to make it faster to play?...I
>>> tryed some combinations but they did not work.
>>> I have a MSI GeForce MX 4000, it is not the best but works good.
>> Find the emulator called ZiNc. That's the only emulator that can play these
>> ZN system games at full speed right now, since it uses Direct3D and OpenGL
>> hardware acceleration.
> it works great!...except for Tekken 3, all the games that run slow in
> mame, run fast in Zinc.
> Maybe Mame need to copy some features from this emulator.

Reason why it runs fast in Zinc is because Zinc doesn't do proper
emulation, but more rather a simulation with shortcuts and cheap hacks.
MAME is about preserving the arcade games by documenting exactly how the
original machines were, not about letting people play the games (that just
happens to be a side effect for most of the games).

> Tempora vient de nous annoncer :
>
> it works great!...except for Tekken 3, all the games that run slow in
> mame, run fast in Zinc.
>
> Maybe Mame need to copy some features from this emulator.

Maybe you need to grab a brain.

Hung N avait écrit le 19/03/2005 :
> "ElNoHabido" <elnohabido@hotmail.com> wrote in
>
>> Tempora vient de nous annoncer :
>>
>> it works great!...except for Tekken 3, all the games that run slow in
>> mame, run fast in Zinc.
>>
>> Maybe Mame need to copy some features from this emulator.
>
> Maybe you need to grab a brain.

as you did in the past?

--
Fedora Core 3 - KDE 3.2.3
Intel Prescott 3.0 Ghz

ElNoHabido.

Hellmark wrote:
> ElNoHabido's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his
> body were:
>
>>Tempora vient de nous annoncer :
>>
>>>"ElNoHabido" <elnohabido@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>>Find the emulator called ZiNc. That's the only emulator that can play these
>>>ZN system games at full speed right now, since it uses Direct3D and OpenGL
>>>hardware acceleration.
>>
>>it works great!...except for Tekken 3, all the games that run slow in
>>mame, run fast in Zinc.
>>Maybe Mame need to copy some features from this emulator.
>

> Reason why it runs fast in Zinc is because Zinc doesn't do proper
> emulation, but more rather a simulation with shortcuts and cheap hacks.
> MAME is about preserving the arcade games by documenting exactly how the
> original machines were, not about letting people play the games (that just
> happens to be a side effect for most of the games).

*WOW!* You can almost /hear/ the derisive sniff. <GBG>

--
Thnik about it!
Dead_Dad

Dead_Dad's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body
were:
> Hellmark wrote:
>> ElNoHabido's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his
>> body were:
>>>Maybe Mame need to copy some features from this emulator.
>> Reason why it runs fast in Zinc is because Zinc doesn't do proper
>> emulation, but more rather a simulation with shortcuts and cheap hacks.
>> MAME is about preserving the arcade games by documenting exactly how the
>> original machines were, not about letting people play the games (that just
>> happens to be a side effect for most of the games).
> *WOW!* You can almost /hear/ the derisive sniff. <GBG>

Well, ask the MAMEdevs and see what their response is. It'll be something
similar.

Everything has its time and place, and there are reasons for emu's like
Zinc and Raine, however using their methods in MAME would damage the
original intents of MAME.

"ElNoHabido" <elnohabido@hotmail.com> wrote in news:mn.a0897d53613a48c1.25893
@hotmail.com:

> Hung N avait écrit le 19/03/2005 :
>> "ElNoHabido" <elnohabido@hotmail.com> wrote in
>>
>>> Tempora vient de nous annoncer :
>>>
>>> it works great!...except for Tekken 3, all the games that run slow in
>>> mame, run fast in Zinc.
>>>
>>> Maybe Mame need to copy some features from this emulator.
>>
>> Maybe you need to grab a brain.
>
> as you did in the past?

Yeah. You would think that _some_ people could learn from my mistakes.

Meanwhile, Hellboy has posted a suitable explanation for the difference in
apparent performance between MAME and ZiNc. Do you understand the point?